Eon (Trailer) Entry: igor tkac

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2006   #31
ANother great shot. I like the color scheme you've chosen for this (based on the couple of shots you've posted so far) and can see it's going to all blend together very well. And again, the visuals are outstanding. I'll be watching for the loop. Keep it up!

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Old 11 November 2006   #32
Don't worry I think that from what I have seen so far you'll do fine in the cohesive department. I notice you uses very strong Yellow and Reds with some green. Are you going to use any other colors or are you just going to stick with these primarily?

Old 11 November 2006   #33
Thanks fifty...

Tenacious,
I seem to gravitate towards this color scheme each time... Sort of a bad habit. These shots do utilize alot of bright reds to signify "danger" a little bit. I am going to change up my pallette to cooler schemes with blues and purples for the space shots, trying to stay within my style.

I am sort of having a hard time visualizing the lighting in the chambers though... If there is one long light source (plasma tube) there, seems like not alot of room for dramatic lighting experiments.

I am on page 300 or so, so maybe I'll get a better idea towards the end of the book.

Thanks for the support!

Old 11 November 2006   #34
THE ELEVATOR SCENE ROXX! wow! great light and shadows! and the colour mood is fantastic too!!

B-movie

Old 11 November 2006   #35
Colored Story Boards or edited footage/renders: Service elevator... FINAL!

This is the final elevator scene... Moving on to the shuttle.

Old 11 November 2006   #36
Thanks OZ,
if you like that... You might like the HD loop.

Old 11 November 2006   #37
Great loop! The additional work you did on the color scheme for that shot really paid off too. Impressive!

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Old 11 November 2006   #38
Colored Story Boards or edited footage/renders: concept ship

Concept ship... I used a Christmas tree as inspiration for the design. I am going to milk this ship and use it in about four or five shots.

Old 11 November 2006   #39
Thanks fifty... Not sure about the blues in the elevator shot really but... Moving on.

I'll add some stickers to this shuttle and post an HD 360 view Flash loop soon. I am thinking about a launch pad shot, close up of the thrusters during flight shot and one or two in/near asteroid shot/s. Later!

Old 11 November 2006   #40
Have to watch out for you :-)

Very nice style man! Can't wait to see more.
/peter

EON FILM TRAILER CHALLANGE

Old 11 November 2006   #41
YES..cool otv shuttle!

B-movie

Old 11 November 2006   #42
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Motion blur test

This is a motion blur test in Lightwave.

Last edited by igorstshirts : 11 November 2006 at 07:35 PM.

Old 11 November 2006   #43
coolkonrad and OZ,
Thanks alot... I do appreciate your comments for sure.

This shot is a motion blur test in Lightwave. Considering how bad of a rep motion blur gets in LW, I am pretty happy with the result... It's not quite Aftereffects quality DOF or motion blur but I think it will work. The shuttle is spinning vertically as the rock is moving by it at high speed...

I set the focus on the shuttle with a pretty low f-stop to blur the rock even a little more... It looks a little better in the actual shot. I would composite the shuttle infront of an Aftereffects blured stone but there are lights emitting from the shuttle to show some of the height variations of the rock and to create even more contrast.

I will add another shuttle closer to the camera with some DOF to fill up the empty right portion of the frame. I need to light the shuttle a little better, add some stickers and perhaps some volumetric lights for contrast and atmospherics. I should have an HD loop no later than Wednsday.

Later!

Last edited by igorstshirts : 11 November 2006 at 07:40 PM.

Old 11 November 2006   #44
Motion blur and dof or not,the scene looks pretty cool.
I think that the fx quality is not "everything"
Keep it up! things looks interesting here.

B-movie

Old 11 November 2006   #45
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Mirsky

Mirsky shot

Thread Closed share thread