Eon (Trailer) Entry: igor tkac

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2006   #16
Tenacious,
Man, I guess I nailed the potato thing. I'm going to zoom in on it to reveal more detail. I hope. Thanks for viewing!

P.S. I'm not all too concerned with everything being completly readable and clear. Some chaos and confusion might add some drama. After all, it is a trailer to instill a little curiosity in the viewer.

Last edited by igorstshirts : 10 October 2006 at 06:48 PM.

Old 10 October 2006   #17
about the "potato"...well works great! the render is very nice! like the the focus effect!

give us more of this...the start is good!!compliments.

B-movie

Old 10 October 2006   #18
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: cosmonauts

Here is scene 5 from my trailer...

Old 10 October 2006   #19
It took me a solid week to finish this scene... Lots of hours. You can view the animated loop here. Give it a few seconds to complete the loop as it is about three megs. Thanks!

Old 10 October 2006   #20
Fantastic loop! What a lot of work! Nice depth and good motion.

One question: would the text visible on their helmets (a very nice touch btw) move like that (i.e. would it move with the helmets) or would it remain static and different lines above and below show as the helmet moves? I'm not sure if I'm wording that in a way that makes sense. I'm just thinking, if it's a reflection of a stationary text, then as the helmet moves I'm not sure the text would move with it. I think rather that the reflection of the text would change as the angle of the helmet changes, because at different angles it would reflect slightly different text.

Anyway, that's a very small detail, and not something that I think detracts from the overall impact of the animation. Great job!

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Old 10 October 2006   #21
Thanks fifty3,
You are right. There is so much more that I wanted to do with this but I'm moving on now to the next shot. I'm going to try for ten shots of this detail.

BTW... I wanted the text reversed and stationary on the helmets, a reflection of the cosmonauts on the window, some more backlit pipes and equipment and a few other things... Oh well. These are going to be more like HD schematics or pre-viz for more realistic shots.

I am going to pull the focus from the rear to the front cosmonaut to add even more depth to my scene. Stay tuned.

Old 10 October 2006   #22
Very nice move, as expected As a suggestion - you should consider the size of your shots. They need 640 pixels wide what could make your details go nuts. BTW: Any plans to show us full storyboard? I am very curious about. Keep going.

Old 10 October 2006   #23
Man Oweron,
I didn't even think about what will happen once the shots are dropped to 640... Maybe I can use 720 by 480? That's 4:3.

Oh well... At least I will have all of my shots in HD... Or close to it.

I'm only on page 200 or so in the book right now so I only have a few boards and they are pretty much in my head at this moment. I think I'm just gonna wing it and spend my time on the actual scenes. I'm going to finish this challenge, I need shots for my demo. Later!

Last edited by igorstshirts : 10 October 2006 at 06:42 PM.

Old 10 October 2006   #24
As far as I know, rulez says 320 x 240 or 640 x 480 (4:3). Coz you have to upload through the uploader which sure has this limitation Great to read that you have some plans with demoreel. l8r!

Old 10 October 2006   #25
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Helmet illustration

Here is part of a CorelDraw vector illustration from the above scene. The shield is a sphere in Lightwave with high reflect and specular properties, the rest is all vector art. This is how I'm going to do most of my shots... I think.

Old 10 October 2006   #26
looks good mate. Has a really stylized look to it.

Old 10 October 2006   #27
Cool! I don't know much about vector art, but I'm definitely impressed. I was sure that loop was 3D. Looks like you've got your pipeline working smoothly for you.

As for size, if you check the rules it states that the aspect ratio has to be 4:3 and the maximum size allowed is 640x480 (which means if you want to go 16:9 or bigger you have to letterbox it in the 640x480 window; that's what I'm doing). Something to do with the uploader, I guess.

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Old 10 October 2006   #28
OZ,
Thanks...

Tenacious,
Thanks as well... I'd like to adhere to a certain look to make these shots cohesive.

fifty3,
I guess it's 640 then... No problem

I'm checking out you guys' shots as well... Waiting to see some tests from you to see all of the dif directions. Later!

Old 11 November 2006   #29
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Lanier and Patricia

This is the scene where Lanier starts to show Patricia around the stone... Service elevator.

Old 11 November 2006   #30
Colored Story Boards or edited footage/renders: service elevator final

This is my final still. I will try to have an animated HD loop by Monday morning.

Thread Closed share thread