Eon (Trailer) Entry: Raphael Estrada

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2006   #16
Looks like you've got a strong team. Nice work on patricia's face.

Old 11 November 2006   #17
Initial SFX and Music: Some tries on the score

I played around with different instruments and so on, looking for the right feel. No particular order yet - I'll sort it and then cut the animatic to the music, maybe sometime next week.

Play Video >>

Old 11 November 2006   #18
What the...?

Didn't seem to work out, whatever, since I started this I just as well might complete it:

[File removed, I'll post a better version sometime, anyway]

Sorry for the mess.

Last edited by Galaktor : 11 November 2006 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Take the external file of the web

Old 11 November 2006   #19
Sound good, very well, keep on working !!!

Old 11 November 2006   #20
You got a nice theme here. I would suggest that you keep on working on that symfonic feel. Ditch the piano, it seems of place. Also I would recommend starting out slower and gentler and then building up to sort of a crescendo. But, of course it comes down to how you want your trailer paced. Is your storyboard and general concept done? Can we see it? Pleeeeaase...

EON TRAILER CHALLENGE

Old 11 November 2006   #21
jarts

the jarts are never actually seen in teh book.
they are teh enemy of the future humans.
future humans come in two (three)categories
those with few body modifiactions, basically human
those with some mods
those with totally designer bodies - sucha as a sphere fora bod and 3 or 4 legs,
the face can be projected on any part of teh sphere that is the torso. these are neomorphs.

good luck with the challenge.

Old 11 November 2006   #22
Yeah, that's a nice theme you've got going there. And not to disagree with Henrikl, but I rather liked the piano myself . But I do agree that it's a little bit even or repetitious right now. A little build up somewhere might be nice, just for some variation. But it's a great start!

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Old 11 November 2006   #23
Well, this isn't timed to the animatic in any way, it's just a "play-around" (=> repeticious) loop I made to test the combination of certain instruments. I will make 3 or four of these, called something like "Beginning" or "Fast dramatic" or whatever....so I can later fit it to the final trailer perfectly.

Thank you for your reactions to the piano Actually, I don't think it fits in that well myself. It was one of the first elements, but much has changed since then. Maybe I can bring it in another way.

Storyboard is more or less done, just some sketches on main shots. The fine details are still missing. Also, the timing is just "guessed" while cutting it together, I'll certainly tight it up more. Right now I'm setting in some raw subtitles with dialog, so you can maybe understand what direction I'm going. As soon as the subtitles are in, I'll render it and upload it here. But score isn't in it (yet)!

@bstout
Thanks!!

Old 11 November 2006   #24
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Rooouuugh Animatic

Software: After Effects

So here's the rough sequence. It's just main shots, some others are gonna be added at some time (closeups or so).

Titles at the top kinda describe the direction music will go. Dialog pieces are at the bottom. They're basically all from the book, maybe I'll have to change them sometime so it fits better.

The length will probably change, so it will probably get a bit longer, depending on the "various short scenes" at the end and how far we get at all.

Type is (of course) just a placeholder, the EON Logo, too. :) Please ignore the messy editing and type placing....well, it's all a mess :)

Play Video >>

Last edited by Galaktor : 11 November 2006 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Old 11 November 2006   #25
"The end of mankind is just the beginning." What a great line! That's got "smash movie trailer" written all over it.

Fantastic job here. I thought the panels flowed logically, and the whole thing hung together very well. I am, of course, intensely curious about the "various short scenes" but such is the nature of the rough animatic, eh?

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Old 11 November 2006   #26
I'm glad you like it!

Those "various short scenes" are planned to be stuff like: introducing the V/STOL, attack on the asteroid, maybe a shot on the singularity, someone yelling, someone flying, something blowing up.....the usual eye candy That's the thought at least....we will see, how far we can go.

We maybe got ourselves a fourth (and last) team member: a friend of mine, who works on architectual plannings and visualisations, is probably going to join us and help realize some buildings, parts of cities and so on. If he decides to help us, we'll get him registerred here.

Old 11 November 2006   #27
I LOVE THE "POTATO" MODEL! well done!

B-movie

Old 11 November 2006   #28
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Little check on proportion

Just a rough look at proportions of the city and the second chamber.

Old 11 November 2006   #29
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: CAD Sketch of Alexandria

Dave-The-Brave's got the great job of working on the second chamber city Alexandria. This is a first try. We want larger proportions, though: higher buildings, much wider city all in all - cause that city's HUGE. :)

Old 11 November 2006   #30
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Truck concept

First sketch on the truck.

The idea is that the truck would have a heavy military touch, since the first earthers didn't know if hostiles were on the asteroid. Being very robust, flexible and barely (to not at all) armed, I was inspired the a german military truck used to detect atomic, biological or chemical weapons/substances.
Since most armored military vehicles lack of windows, I thought they could have added some to explore more and so on. The front part is the passenger cabin (2 front seats, then 2 rows of three in the back). Then, the back two-thirds are for freight and whatever. The side panels should contain sensors and other scientific gimmicks.
Emergeny hatch on the top of the passenger cabin (which is also a restover of military concept, where some dude with a machine gun would look out of).
Well, I'm still working on the details.

Thread Closed share thread