Eon (Trailer) Entry: Alpo Oksaharju

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2006
Goodness. Very well thought out! It's good to hear the reasoning behind the decisions of everything. It does look like a lot of work, but you seem to have a pretty solid team and tricks up your sleeves to getting it done efficiently. I love the designs of the ships and vehicles. A nice combo of hard edges and soft curvies.

Very nice work team Evil Duck!!

CGNUGGETS - character process training
[/color]

11 November 2006
Thumbs up Hola, guys!

Good work, team EvilDuck!

Looking forward to seeing you in action

Nice looking designs on the vehicles. A bit large scale storytelling on the storyboard, tho.

11 November 2006
Wow! Your team really has it together. You've obviously put a lot of thought into this. I enjoyed the storyboards, and the modelling is fantastic. Can't wait to see the animatic.

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

12 December 2006
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: animatic

Software: 3ds max

Here is the animatic for the trailer. Even though there is no soundtrack in this version, it is cut as a wholesome audiovisual piece. The main fuction of this animatic was to block the primary action, so we could break down each shot and not do any unnesessary work. We are currently hard at work with the scenes, just finishing character models, thus the updates have been a bit scarce. More posts on the way.

Play Video >>

12 December 2006
Great animatic. Solid all the way through. I especially like the final shot of the blast coming down the corridor. A great way to end it. Can't wait to hear the music and voiceover with it.

12 December 2006
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: some secondary characters

Heads up :) Some of the character facial geometry. polymodelled using various mix and match photo reference, to get the right persona for the characters. More detailed description (wireframe ect.)coming up with Patricia character.

12 December 2006
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Frant model

Frant geometry. The Frant will be shown from the waist down, so the legs are not finished.

12 December 2006
Cool

EXCELLENT!

Damn good characteristic on the faces!
Lanier char looks kinda familiar i.e. the AOK ,no?
Loking forward to see Patricia model.

12 December 2006
Hey AOK that Frant is realy cool !! And the ships are really nice too!! Only thing we comment on Frant is about his feet: as they're now it seems as he can't stay up.
Can't wait to see more! Keep up the good work and good luck!

ThE-ShiFT team

12 December 2006
Frant

Originally Posted by ThE-ShiFT: Hey AOK that Frant is realy cool !! And the ships are really nice too!! Only thing we comment on Frant is about his feet: as they're now it seems as he can't stay up.
Can't wait to see more! Keep up the good work and good luck!

ThE-ShiFT team

Thanks man, Legs of the frant arenīt too well modelled because they donīt show in the final shot, so now they look like a pack of sausages. And your right he canīt stand up, with those legs, but it doenīt matter. I like your frant design very much too especially the head, absolutely cool design!!

12 December 2006
Nice work on the head modelling. And the Frant looks cool! How much rigging will you need to do for him?

12 December 2006
Initial SFX and Music: Previz music and voiceover

Software: 3ds max

Long time no post :) Extremely busy getting everything done, but here is an animated (primary animation, no secondary) version of the whole thing with first version scoretrack and final voicetrack. The score is a theme version only, so no instruments and dynamics are present. We are currently in furnishing, texturing and lighting the scenes. The animation will go through a revisit once we get everything ready for rendering.

Play Video >>

12 December 2006
Oh I almost forgot to mention The music is composed by our fourth team member Max Lilja who is a friend of ours and a great musican.

Quote:
Nice work on the head modelling. And the Frant looks cool! How much rigging will you need to do for him?

Thanks, we used CAT and simple biped rigs.

Quote:
Damn good characteristic on the faces!
Lanier char looks kinda familiar i.e. the AOK ,no?
Loking forward to see Patricia model.

Your too kind . There is a bit of the AOK in there, we used our own photos as partial references. Patricia is almost "in full makeup" and I'll post images after christmas.

more constructive critique is most welcome.

12 December 2006
Great going guys!

Good animatic, lots of textures to do now :-)
/peter

EON FILM TRAILER

EON TRAILER CHALLENGE

12 December 2006
Really really good animatic. So, now we are waiting for textured version
Keep on !!!

Thread Closed share thread