Eon (Trailer) Entry: Juraj Molcak

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
Originally Posted by Henrikl: Reminds me of Tim Burtons drawings a bit.

lol, want to see Burton doing SF again Apes were kind of mistake I guess. Nightmare is still one of my favourites. Thanx.

@ igorstshirts - you can make it, no worries about that. Keep going

10 October 2006
YEAH! im happy to read this! i mean...i like that you point to a "graphic stilish" trailer.
I followed a very classic way of doing in my trailer,but...when i saw your concepts i realize that may be very cool look at some more stylish than real....
Did you know "mirrormask" movie? is a superb "visionaire" piece of work from Neil Gaiman
http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/mirrormask/

another fantastik "real but not real" movie is the grinch

http://www.cinema.com/film/3844/how...ery/index.phtml

also THUNDERBIRDS the movie is visually cool.

B-movie

10 October 2006
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: gloomy and moody five

New update. This time, chamber #5. Itīs pretty close, speaking about gfx style I have in mind for this project. Weekend is comming and I hopefuly will have time to finish designs for other chambers too.

10 October 2006
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: industrial and mysterious 6

Another small step here :) Sixth chamber. I also decided to add kind of transporter as a moving thing to control different parts of "engine" within this zone. Probably not really coresponding with book I guess.

10 October 2006
weel done! i like the 5th chamber colours and design!! very puowerfull... Your style is intense.The 6th chamber is very colose to the book feeling....yes...KEEP IT UP!

B-movie

10 October 2006
I've been checking out your entry. Very impresive. The two chambers you've posted have a great feel to them. I really like the style of the other concept stuff you've posted to. Is that just the style for your concept art, or do you intend to pursue that as the overall style for the trailer (I'm curious since your chambers seem to have more of a 3D feel to them at this point)?

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

10 October 2006
@OZ - thanx mate. It is always good to here/read positive feedback Even if this stage means very light progress within my thread. Long way infront. Keep going.

@fifty3dragons - thank you for searching this thread. Well, speaking about final look, I will try to achieve kind of 2D / 3D collage - just to speed things up, since I donīt want to focus on details but more on the mood and flow. So it is going to be more advanced version of animatic than finished 3D trailer.

10 October 2006
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: it didnīt end...

Do you folks remember that oldschool infinity trick, when camera is shoting its own image from TV? Something like that I want to use in oreder to set the mood of singularity / 7th chamber.

10 October 2006
Yes! That would be a clever but understandable trick to try to visualize the singularity. When you start talking about the Flaw, it's starts getting really abstract and open-ended as far as how it would look to our eyes.....it's coming along nicely!

CGNUGGETS - character process training
[/color]

10 October 2006
Another interesting visual. Your images are very compelling. If you have time, would you mind explaining briefly how you achieved that effect? To me it looks like you maybe blew up the image of the woman really big, then keep pasting slightly reduced copies over one another until it came back to the original (and with a glow around the inner image layer?). Was it something like that?

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

10 October 2006
@ Sandpiper - thanx for nice feedback. I want to show things which could tickle my mind. Something not too stright but emotive. This vision of Flaw wants to play with viewer funny games

@ fifty3dragons - there you go. You donīt need my words. I made it exactly like you said. Of course, there is also some additional layers transition and color correction for background images. If you keep looking at that image longer, you will see that it is very cheap trick, but for few seconds in motion it should work good enough

10 October 2006
Wow! You're moving really fast on this... I love your concepts, very stylish as expected. The camera looping will be great for sure - it could provide just the right athmosphere. Well done - you're taking a very clever approach here

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

10 October 2006
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: so, this is it...

huh, my last - first - chamber design. Now I am going to focus on the begining part. So lonely tree, man with stone and antz :) Than alien life form and - tadaaaa - I can start to modeling and preparing final shots.

10 October 2006
So you are near starting models!? mmh...curious about!
Cool 2d again!

B-movie

10 October 2006
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: intro - nuclear tree

back to begining. The tree wants to be kind of metaphor for nuclear explosion with "fire like autumn leaves". Hope you like it. Comments are always welcome.

Thread Closed share thread