Eon (Trailer) Entry: maciej matysiak

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2006   #16
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: First 3D Concept

This is a first render of the buildings in the 2nd chamber. A little bit flowerlike but with the chandelier shape. I want a striaght form. The urban shape and buildings are missing yet. The "LEAFS" are some king of glas,energy, solar cell thing ;-) for charging the energy of the plasma beam.

Last edited by machichi : 10 October 2006 at 09:37 AM. Reason: addendum

Old 10 October 2006   #17
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: earth test render

Hey folks I'm back. Sorry haven't much time yet ;-). But here's my little earth. I think it is not so realistic, but I wabt a more "moody dreamlike" footage. And the rendertime is very short (very important!!)

Old 10 October 2006   #18
Oh you can see my house from here. LOL.

The earth looks good. I would suggest one thing however and that would be to get rid of the stars on that sit right next to the earth. Because the reflected light from the atmosphere would dull them and at least make them much less visible. Or atleast get rid of the ones that shine through the atmosphere. I know that this probably isn't a final or anything like that but it's just a thought. Something to keep in mind for later.

Old 10 October 2006   #19
thank u

yeah thanks for the points. you're right it will be better without the stars. I'll fix it. thnx^

Last edited by machichi : 10 October 2006 at 04:32 PM.

Old 10 October 2006   #20
Nice image. Glad to see you're still plugging away at it.

Another thought on the starfield. The stars seem pretty uniformly distributed, whereas stars tend to clump together in groups and with maybe just a few really bright ones and a lot of dimmer ones (can you tell I've just been reading up on this ).

The Earth image looks fantastic!

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Old 10 October 2006   #21
Thumbs up

I love the logo.
Good luck with the challenge man!

Old 10 October 2006   #22
Scratch Voice track and/or initial footage: some more tweeking^

ok that's the final earth and stars mood. I'm going to animation know (and modelling the chambers;-) Thnx for help FIFTY and TENACIOUS. But it wasn't the last I think^

Old 11 November 2006   #23
Colored Story Boards or edited footage/renders: MEGA concept

Hello folks. I'm back again ;-) Here is a first 3D concept of my MEGA. It's just a firts styleguide. It includes some art deco elements and classic structures. Like I said I don't wan't to model it to futuristic. It's just a way I want to go next steps will come soon (I hope^^)

Old 11 November 2006   #24
Cool structure! very original.Personally i like the art dec˛ style.I was thinking on it at the beginning of the challenge...i mean..if use that style or not. Looking to your work i believe that may work! Brillian.
keep it up! time is slipping away! (too quikly i got to say)

B-movie

Old 11 November 2006   #25
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Detail Archways

And once again. Now more detail work on the archways. I like them now, more fluently and gothikstyle. Must check the polygons otherwise my MACY will crash ;-)

Old 11 November 2006   #26
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Final Modeling MEGA

Ok here is my final modeling step for the MEGA's. Very much of Art Deco. The strings, that were holding the "ROOFS" are gone 'cause I think that the roofs will rotate slowly along the buildings axis. Little bit of Sci-Fi should be ;-)

Old 11 November 2006   #27
I LIKE IT! very very very artdec˛! the glass wings are a great addition to give the MEGA's a ShiFi look!

B-movie

Old 11 November 2006   #28
Colored Story Boards or edited footage/renders: MEGA Texture

THNX OZ. I hope it will fit in the rest of the city^^. Here is the first render pass.
I will ad some details on the edges like metal gargoyles and deco stuff to get a bigger "cathedral" like look.

Old 11 November 2006   #29
SWEEET RENDER MAN!!! I still think that the glass wings are fantastic...even more textured!

Did you plan to make all the city in artdec˛ style?

B-movie

Old 11 November 2006   #30
Art Deco

I think about that, but I don't know if it will be to much. I will try if it will be so, I will just reduce the amount of the art deco buldings.

Everything in art deco will be more futuristic than the book is telling about. But it's just our imagination, is it ;-)

And it fits with the clock scene in the begining (ups spoiler ^^)

Thread Closed share thread