Eon (Trailer) Entry: Brian Linwell

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2006
Scratch Voice track and/or initial footage: testing the uploader quality

Software: Flash,Lightwave 3D,Photoshop,Vue

Just a test.

Play Video >>

11 November 2006
Cool

kewl start. nice work on the light so far, great flythrough. looking forward to your next update, best of luck and keep on rocking!

11 November 2006
Wow Angel, thanks for that very cool reply! Made my day! I'm looking forward to your next updates too!

11 November 2006
I checked this out yesterday but then forgot to comment

It's got a nice even flow to it. It introduces the story well and has some great visuals (very nice with the fly through). One thought I had was that there seems to be a fair amount of text there all together (especially the spot talking about the libraries, etc). Even if it's intended as spoken (i.e. voice over) it feels like quite a bit. Maybe consider trimming it down some, or spreading it over a slightly wider time frame with more images in between? Just a thought.

But overall, definitely a great start. I'm looking forward to more!

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

11 November 2006
fifty3dragons- Thanks! Yes, thats exactly what I plan to do! I plan to strech it out to 90 seconds. I went to hook up my scanner, but it won't work with my new machine. And when I tried to download a new driver, that wasn't available. That's why I haven't got any more storyboard sketches up. But I have some photoshop-wacom drawn sketches I need to add.
I've just been learning my brand new Vue 5 program I ordered for this contest.Oh- and yes- I plan to voice over as Lenier and also get shot in a close up as a I say a cool
line about the stoned effect.

Last edited by userBrian : 11 November 2006 at 04:01 AM.

11 November 2006
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: 4th chamber wip

Working on the clouds and foreground. This is a direct render from Vue 5.
I think I'll add more to it before I do another test flythru. I'd like to add a 3d sharacter, but might not.

11 November 2006
Your last entry looks far more better than the first.Did you have some storyboards?

B-movie

11 November 2006
Thanks OZ- I think so too. And it's not so damn bright! I feel I'm getting on the right track.
The storyboards I have so far are pretty rough. I may work on them soon.

11 November 2006
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: experimenting with textures

Testing a ground texture I painted in photoshop. This is a render straight from Vue 5.

11 November 2006
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Island

Think this looks better as an Island? This is a first frame straight render from an animation setup. There's my VSTOL and a building on the island. I did another test animation with Patricia skinny dipping but with a stock female model, so I may make my oun Patricia 3d model so I can show it! I will try a rough wavy water surface here, as in the swim test which isn't posted yet.

11 November 2006
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Patricia sketch

This is a charcoal pencil sketch for my storyboard of Patricia. Done in traditional charcoal and paper. The lighting and blue effect was added in Photoshop.

11 November 2006
Good pre-viz on the island; the plane really helps sell the overall scale. And also nice sketch of Patricia.

11 November 2006
Cool

fifty3dragons- Thanks. Yes I am working on the scale. When I added the vstol I shrank the trees for scale. I shrank them a lot, but forgot to shrink the three mushrooms, which are btween the trees. The mushrooms are the three grey ones in the image before I added the vstol. That made the mushrooms really huge in scale! Really cool! I decided to delete the huge skyscraper mushrooms for now because I am working on scale now. But I thought I might add them down the path later as a sideshow. So it's amazing to get home today and see you got a weird impulse to draw giant mushrooms! Reminds me of the effect I had on the computer graphics department's creative animations when I was the artist at a TV station!
Talk about parrallel universes, Greg Bear is working on a book about two parallel universes that collide. And today I just bought his book "Dead Lines" by Greg Bear. It's about tuneing in to a frequency the dead use to communicate with living people. I actually wrote a 176 page script about a parallel universe intersecting with ours. Wrote it in 1999. I plan to rewrite it and make a trailer for it after this one. And I have a few large oil paintings about that, and the dead communicating to us, done years ago,one finished this year. Cool.

Glad you like my small charcoal quick sketch of Patricia.

Last edited by userBrian : 11 November 2006 at 02:43 AM.

11 November 2006
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Mushroom dejavu

To fifty3dragons- This is an approximation of my deleted scene. The first one was without the plane and closer in- I may re-enact that one? Anyway- do you feel any weird dejavu? This is part of my serious ongoing research! Thanks.

11 November 2006
Ha! There must be something in the water here at the CG Society. We've all got mushrooms on the brain! Thanks for sharing the pic. There's definitely a story in there somewhere

Thread Closed share thread