Eon (Trailer) Entry: Anthony Sheehy

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
Good luck with the challenge and i really like your work

10 October 2006
gondor: My sketching ability is not that good, if you want to see some guys who can really draw check out the illustration threads. Some of that stuff is going to be mind blowing when they finish. And a lot can be learned from the way they work. I especially like when they go over compisition of their work and why it's laided out that way. I find that really insightful.

10 October 2006
Hey billyjoecool, you must just slipped through as I was posting, thanks mate.

10 October 2006
just one fastly reply to follow your progress in the storyboard and wish you good reading of the book

10 October 2006
Originally Posted by Tenacious: gondor: My sketching ability is not that good

From my point of view, drawing at your level would be enough, trust me!
I don't have an artistic background (fundamental for this stuff), I discovered the 3D world too late...

10 October 2006
Another time,well done! I like the lot the clean effect of the tunnel.
I have to say that im amazed by your speed!!!

B-movie

10 October 2006
Oz: Hey good to hear from you. Actually I'm a slow worker it's just that I have alot of time on my hands at the moment and can spend more hours at it than most people who have lives could.

Swed: Thanks I'm about half way through it's not a bad book.

Well haven't done much for the past two days went out and had a bit of fun and let my brain relax a bit. Worked on some more storyboards and I'm almost finish that component. Been having a few problems with how the whole thing flows and being easy to understand. spent a couple of hours with cut up pieces of storyboard rearranging them on the floor. Trying to get a good sequence happening. I'll post them up soon, it shouldn't be too much longer. I got rid of two frames from the original storyboard sequence that I considered unnecessary to tell the story, I feeling I'm getting too ambitious and trying to pull myself back into line.

I'll try to finish the visuals and concepts in the next week (but only if I'm satisfied with them don't want to rush them though) so that I have more time modelling and texturing.

10 October 2006
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Edited storyboard

Ok some big changes have been made since the first storyboard I'll give a brief discription of what is going on here because it's hard to read whats going on in the compressed images.

1- Sunrise, docking of shuttle and OTV
2- Patrica in bubble, sun shines on bubble and stone can be seen in reflection
3- OTV heading into stone
4- OTV entering docking bay
5- Patrica stares out window 'Can't believe they built this in 5 years'
6- Pilot, 'No honey it was here already.'
7- Train heading towards city pilots voice continues into frame 7 & 8, 'I'm sure you've heard the stone is hollow inside with 7 chambers.'
9- Lanier 'Do the Russians know that the death has come? Can they take the stone?'
10- 3D type radar image 'Signitures, Russian Heavy lifters.
11- Russian Military 'They're in the Bore Hole'
12- Lanier with anti-personel laser.
13- Russian sniper, 'Trapped like Pigs'
14- Lanier running through building being shot at carring rope.
15 & 16- Lanier diving out of window
17- Eon logo fades in
18- Quick image of marine in foreground and Frant looming in optical cammo marine tuns and yells 'BoooooJuuuuum!' Fades to black.

The biggest changes have been the deletion of the frames 1-8 from the previous storyboards. This was done because it didn't convey they story very well and showed the Little death which is only a minor part of the book. I'll continue to make adjustments to the storyboard but they probably won't be to extreme, brobably only more dynamic angles, movements etc.

10 October 2006
Thats awesome!

10 October 2006
Glad you like it mate.

Little progress report no images to show today, well none worth showing just alot of incoherrent scribblings. Been working on concepts for the train and the bridge, mainly the bridge, also a bit on the story board too. The bridge is going to have a very russian feel too it. I'll be sure to post the concepts up here when I'm done.

10 October 2006
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Patricia Vasquez

Patricia Vasquez Concept (second frame from the storyboard)

10 October 2006
Ok so I lied, I didn't think I'd have anything for today but I did. Just couldn't help myself.
Really getting into this challenge now. Picture didn't come out exactly how I pictured it but it's just a concept so who cares. Ok back to work still got so much to do.

10 October 2006
MY compliments! the new storyboard ROX! is far more intense than the first! More close to a "discover by yourself the story" kind of trailer. I like it! very aggressive...very hitting.very...trailer like cut.
The patricia concept is as I imagine her too.well done!

B-movie

10 October 2006
Always nice to hear from you mate. Yeah even I couldn't understand the first storyboard I did. It helped reading the book too. LOL. It's going to be alot more work but if I can pull it off it should be pretty cool.

10 October 2006
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Apple

This is one of the concepts for the anti-Personel laser which is featured in the novel. This concept has been modelled around a existing assault rifle calle the FN 2000. I did this because I wanted it to look as if it was a modern design from a existing manufacturer yet still look futuristic enough to be a laser. I also added a Granade Launcher Assembly to the weapon to give it more of a modern feel to the design.

(Judges/Forum leaders - If this is breaking the rules please let me know and I'll change the design.)

Thread Closed share thread