Eon (Trailer) Entry: Anthony Sheehy

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2006   #31
Smile nice ideas.

looking forward to check your sketches and final proyect : )

Old 10 October 2006   #32
I'm doing them as we speak.

Old 10 October 2006   #33
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Storyboard page 1

This is my first rough storyboard for EON. Still not 100% certain with the idea but it's a start.

Old 10 October 2006   #34
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Storyboard Page 2

Second page. Shows books pre history of the Little Death.

Old 10 October 2006   #35
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Storyboard page 3

My favourite bit I've come up with so far. Is the reflection on the bubble, If I do this correctly it could come up really nicely.

Old 10 October 2006   #36
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Storyboard page 4

Patrica and the audience begin learning about the Stone from now on throughout the trailer.

Old 10 October 2006   #37
Lots of effort already
I have high hopes that you will finish it in time. Im bit afraid there wont be 10 finishing entries on the trailer department, but there is still plenty of time.

Good job. Great to see use of storyboard.

Old 10 October 2006   #38
I know what you mean, it's a huge project and there doesn't seem to be many people working in teams. And Individuals have to work 3x harder if they want to finish. Still indivduals have advantages as well, no waiting for others work, not having to discuss in groups, not that discussion is bad you just have to alot time for it. Without strong leadership it can be hard to work well, especially over the internet and internationally.

If I can't finish it, it won't be from a lack of trying. I'm very wary of making this story board too complex and difficult to translate into 3D. Especially where it comes to characters how many I have to model etc. I know how long it takes me to make them so at the moment if I stay on schedule I should be ok.

I've already cut a few scenes from the above boards. Between the 2nd and 3rd story boards I wanted to put in an explosion. Where the camera is facing down a street theres a white flash and as the camera recovers you see a gaint semi circle of energy devouring buildings. Like the end scene in the Anime Akira. (I think Anime have some really could stuff when it comes to timing and in general they do smoke and water spray effects really well. It starts off slow reaches it's peak and then accelerates at high speed erratically, very cool). I just looked at all the smoke and particle effects required to make it work well, how long it'ld take to render and the time required to set it all up. I looked at my poor computer and thought, 'Nup. That ain't happening' and bined it.

When I finished my storyboards and have timed them out, I'll go back and trim the bits not required.

Old 10 October 2006   #39
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Dock Concept 1

This one of a few concepts for the dock inside the Stone.

Old 10 October 2006   #40
I'm not really happy with the way the last concept worked out. I've decided to go for a darker feel. This seems to clean for something thats been around for a few hundred years. Also the design is a bit too flat.

Old 10 October 2006   #41
Thanks for the inspiration!

I am new to CG Society, although I have often scrolled through the galleries for inspiration, I’ve never yet put any work up. I would love to have a go at this challenge - although it appears I have a hell of a high standard to follow.

I have looked at the entries so far and yours really stands out! Extremely inspiring! I love the story boards and the detailed concept sketches you’ve done so far. Absolutely amazing!

Im now going to start my storyboards – thanks for the inspiration.

Can’t wait to see how this develops.

Old 10 October 2006   #42
Thanks mate. Good luck with your work, I hope it all goes well for you.

Old 10 October 2006   #43
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Dock Concept 2

This is the second concept for the dock. I think that this one suits the book far better than the first as the astronauts mistook it for human built when they first saw it. I used a lot of reference from the international space station and that seemed to help give it a more convincing feel.

Last edited by Tenacious : 10 October 2006 at 02:52 AM.

Old 10 October 2006   #44
Just recieved my copy of the book. Finally be able to really get stuck into this project now and finish my storyboards soon.

Old 10 October 2006   #45
I envy your ability in sketching... really... if I was able to draw, it would solve me a lot of problems...

I want to take part in this challenge, but I'm not able to post a new thread yet

(sorry for my english )

Last edited by Gondor : 10 October 2006 at 12:06 PM.

Thread Closed share thread