Eon (Trailer) Entry: Fabio Oscar Corica

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2006   #46
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: patricia v.

Here the beginning of Paricia 3d model.

B-movie

Old 10 October 2006   #47
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: texturing-Lighthing test

And a light texture composite test.
Im now working on two separate front.
The 4th chamber and Patricia...maybe the hardest things to render in the trailer.

B-movie

Old 10 October 2006   #48
oh man

that looks awesome. realy got. wish I were so good in char modeling as U are.
ok my main point is definitly not on the characters. but really great work so far.

the cap that she's wearing is nice also.

Old 10 October 2006   #49
Omg, i've missed this one too shame on me ! i'm not much in trailer section
You seems to have a good advance project with some goods 3d models ! wish you good luck for the rest, and come back later to see your works

Old 10 October 2006   #50
aargh time trills

to Tenacious: Thank you man! mh...i consider the scene of the guy very important in the trailer....it is the true first visual contact with the stone! and...a way to make the spectator feeling into the story.all the introduction try to look at the events as form a "nowdays" point of view.Hope to goal in it! (jeesh! what spaghetti english!!!)

to icedeyes: Im happy you like it! I hope the story is understandable too...

to Oweron: ARGH! you hit the point!...maybe we got toooo much work to do!!! yesterday i had to work till 4.50 AM!! i'll die!

to mitchelhunt:TNX to been here and giving your opinion! I ever need to know if im on the right way or not!!!

to machichi:TNX a lot!! so you find patricia ok?? OH gosh!!! pheew...im warned by modelling her!

to SweD:tnx a lot man! you got a superthread to push forward!!! i saw it!great stuff!!
cant imagine you in the trailer too! it may be supercool!

B-movie

Old 10 October 2006   #51
Models are looking great. I especially like the pic of the shuttle approaching the space station. How many people do you figure you'll be modelling for your trailer? And do you model something generic and then modify it to fit each character, or do you create a separate model for each person? Just curious. Looks nice.

Old 10 October 2006   #52
Thumbs up very strong work here

Ive checked out all your work so far and I am very impressed I think it is looking all very solid. To be more specific - the modelling of the shuttle and and space station is very convincing and ties in very closely from what i have read in the book. Also I am really liking the render you have done of Patricia - the modelling is great, and the attention to detail such as the astronaut costume and lighting from the monitor is really sets the mood very nicely. I am really looking forward to how the story will unfold in your trailer. Best wishes and keep the good work up.

Old 10 October 2006   #53
she looks simply beautiful OZ... could you please explain how you achieved this great skin shader?

My online portfolio

Old 10 October 2006   #54
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: russian rocket

enjoy...

B-movie

Old 10 October 2006   #55
nice detail on the rocket. cant wait to see more from you

Old 10 October 2006   #56
Hey Fabio,

wow, already an impressive amount of solid work in your thread! A really good storyboard and I enjoy your sketches as much as your modeling ...the first renders of Patricia are already amazing and I'm definitely curious to follow the progress of your work now !

Cheers,

-sabrina

Old 10 October 2006   #57
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: rocket 2

Here's the new version of the russian rocket.
This scene take place during the second part of thw trailer,and is a scene that describe the launch of a russian rocket,that,i want not specify if is a nuke weapon or not.It must only show that the russians are involved in the space affair.
The first attemp i posted yesterday was very routh.it was only to draw the general lines of this shot that is very "common" to hollywood space movies,ad it has to be very similar to things seen before on big screen.
I took ispiartion form "apollo13" "armageddon" and "sky captain".
The aim of this scene is to give the trailer a "i seen before" taste...that is userfull to make people not impressed,but comfortable with the trailer language.It is a tried and tested trick.
To make this scene nicer to watch,i changed the colours mood and the background,giving different layers of clouds and atmosphere effects.
today i complete the rocket model.
Hope you will like it

B-movie

Old 10 October 2006   #58

You seem to be very comfortable portraying diverse environments. You have a really good thing going and I wish you luck.

My Unreal Franchise Maps

Featured map at Unreal Playground

Old 10 October 2006   #59
Thumbs up Oh my god

That's really great work. One question I'm not a PRO that's 'caus I'm asking. How do U made the ground It's a picture or 3D? I know Nweebee question ;-)

But reaaly CINEMASCOPE!!!

Old 10 October 2006   #60
To fifty3dragons: HI! ...well...mmh...Im still not sure how to proceed with characters.
Im still doing tests with photomorphing. I mean...taking a photo and mapping it on a poligonal shape.His tecnique gives me the opportunity to achieve a phtotrealistic look (easy with photos uh? ^_^) to the character.I got no money enought to buy a professional cam. and shoot real actors.So..i have to use some trick.
Will be more 3d character 4 sure...but still not sure how many. As you figured,I will use a "prototype" model to create some. (sorry for my uncorrect spaghetti english!)

to Subha: OW TNX!!! BIG ENCOURAGMENT!!!
AH! is funny what i read from you!!! yes because i never read the book! (seem i will have it next days...HOPE!)so... is a matter of luck that i gone so close to the book descriptions!
anyway i was inspired by the novel illustrator form 70/80 that is the period when the book was written,right? maybe the writer imagine the shifi in a certain way! FUNNY!
to icedeyes: oh! you are very kind to me!!! That shader is not so good! anyway yes...let me explain.
The shader is done specifically for this scene...so works well only eith it.
It is done in 3dmax r6. basically is a photografic projection on the 3d mesh.but i added extra lighting with a self illum map (falloff/fresnel) that give the skin a pale traslucent mood.
then i give the light in the scene the diffuse soft value around 80/100 to blend the lights.
only a backlight (the hard blue one) is with a contrast value of 65 that make the fece of patricia emerge form the background.AH! i use the photo for the patricia face to create a reflection and diffuse map too.

to mitchelhunt:TNX! now modelling mooore details on the rocket! hope you will like it!

to daWinky: Nice to see you here!Thank you for ur kind words! I will try to maintain the same level of care everywhere in the trailer!! seeya and thnx again!

to kingmango: HE HE HE HE ^_^ years of eperience in videogame industry makes miracle my friend!!! Tnx 4 ur support!

to machichi: no no! there are no Nweebee question here ! CGI IS SO VAST! and there are
thousands way to do the same thing!
well...i have 3 plane of stuff in the scene. the firs is a semisphere where is mapped a photo taken from a very hi point of view (a peak in tuscany if i remember) and two planes of opacity map for clouds on two separate plane grids.
This tecnique works well when you have to make a scene from a very hight point of view.
if you like i will post a mini making off of this scene.

B-movie

Thread Closed share thread