CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Eon (Trailer)
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 10-04-2006, 09:36 AM   #1
OZ
2d,3d,all is good 4 me!

portfolio
Fabio Oscar Corica
2d 3d modeler and animator
Florence, Italy

Eon (Trailer) Entry: Fabio Oscar Corica

Fabio Oscar Corica is entered in the "Eon Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Initial SFX and Music: audio and music

B-movie

Old 10-04-2006, 09:44 AM   #2
OZ
2d,3d,all is good 4 me!

portfolio
Fabio Oscar Corica
Florence, Italy

first post

Hi everyone.
First post here.
This challenge is HUGE,in any sense,upon all the trailer one in my opinion,but maybe less difficult that the illustration one.
Yes...because putting all the stuff on EON in a picture is very hard.....and so....becuse im a masochist and self destuctive ^_^ i have decided to put in the trailer,ALSO the poster of the ipotetic movie.Ummmh....for the first time from two years till now, I have time (better to say that Im hoping it) enought to complete a challenge......anyway...i hope to post interesting stuff for everyone,and that this place will be a funny one.seeya....(forget my english please)

B-movie

Old 10-04-2006, 10:46 AM   #3
OZ
2d,3d,all is good 4 me!

portfolio
Fabio Oscar Corica
Florence, Italy

Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: First step

Just a first view of thwe asteroid near the earth......this will be the movie poster too.

-OZ-

B-movie

Old 10-04-2006, 11:08 AM   #4
Maxko
Don't be afraid :)

portfolio
Martin Konecny
Next gen. freelancer
Mysticline
Kosice, Slovakia

Send a message via ICQ to Maxko
Hey buddy,

Nice to see ya in new challenge. You was a pretty busy huh?
Many many luck to you!

cheers

Old 10-04-2006, 11:17 AM   #5
OZ
2d,3d,all is good 4 me!

portfolio
Fabio Oscar Corica
Florence, Italy

Hi

to Maxko: Hey tnx! Well....yes...very busy but extremely exciting!I find in this challenge a real push to incrase (or try to do it) my special fx skills.
Did you join the challenge?

B-movie

Old 10-04-2006, 05:03 PM   #6
Darksuit
Privateer

David O. True
Sr. Technical Artist
Kingsisle
Round Rock, USA

Send a message via ICQ to Darksuit Send a message via AIM to Darksuit Send a message via Yahoo to Darksuit
Good luck in the challenge. I think it will certainly be intresting to see what is created for the trailer. =)

Old 10-04-2006, 11:18 PM   #7
Maxko

portfolio
Martin Konecny
Next gen. freelancer
Mysticline
Kosice, Slovakia

OZ: I cant wait for your "new power" with new skills. Do you have some interesting skills with fx? I remember your skills in BoB challenge.. especialy your speed.. haha
Regarding my entry to this challenge, I cant join because I'm busy.. but I'll be watching your thread.

Old 10-05-2006, 11:18 AM   #8
OZ
2d,3d,all is good 4 me!

portfolio
Fabio Oscar Corica
Florence, Italy

answa!

to Darksuit: OH tnx! I think the same too. The way to face a work as a trailer is,make this challenge very interesting.There are a lot of new things to be considered in a trailer.....brand new way of working.....and different weights to be distributed between this and that factor....i mean....how much time have to stay on screen the titles....if the narrating voice have to be male or famale...and so on.

to Maxko: WOHAAA! the BOB challenge!!! ^_^ it was one of my favourite!!! geeee..hem...gosh!...no..im not so skilled in professional special fx....so i take this challenge as a chance to "lev.it up" (argh! sorry for my horrible hardcore gamer slang!).
ummmh...as you said...maybe my best skill is the speed...I hope is enought to complete this Super dooper challenge! It's a sin that you have no time to run! (psss...pssss...im serious when i say that your avatar is one of my favourite! i can only imagine how cool can be an alien done by you for this project!!!)...anyway...hope you found something amusing here around.

B-movie

Old 10-05-2006, 02:44 PM   #9
Claireabella
....the ageing blonde

Claire Duval
Take 27 Ltd
United Kingdom

Send a message via MSN to Claireabella
Good luck with the trailer challenge and the illustration too. Yes, it will be interesting to see the different ideas needed to produce the trailer to attract people to watch the film. It should be fun! Hope we all have enough time to do everything.

www.take27.co.uk

Old 10-05-2006, 03:13 PM   #10
Tenacious
Frequenter

portfolio
Anthony Sheehy
Melbourne, Australia

I'm glad to see that someone else is as sadistic as I am. Lol. Gee you pushed that poster out pretty fast so I'm guessing you'll get through this challenge if only due to exceptional speed. Looking forward to seeing some more stuff.

Old 10-06-2006, 02:16 AM   #11
Maxko

portfolio
Martin Konecny
Next gen. freelancer
Mysticline
Kosice, Slovakia

OZ: haha yeah BoB challenge is one of my favourite also! I have some pretty long rest this summer from work and I need working right now.. (its 4:15 am and im still working.. bleeeh..) so, for that I cannot run with ya in this challenge.. btw, im in game industry, what about you, you gamer slanger ? And I really glad that you like my avatar haha of course, your avatar is for ever in my mind and also your bloody hell speed

Which softwares do you plan to use?

Old 10-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #12
OZ
2d,3d,all is good 4 me!

portfolio
Fabio Oscar Corica
Florence, Italy

Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: The Fourth Chamber

a 3d concept about the 4th chamber

B-movie

Old 10-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #13
OZ
2d,3d,all is good 4 me!

portfolio
Fabio Oscar Corica
Florence, Italy

to Claireabella: GEEEE! looks to be an hard challenge from start till the end! in italy,for example, the book is very very very very and i have to add.....VERY,hard to find.So...i got to plan the development of the trailer in an unusual manner,choosing what i cant stat to work on without knowing the entire story and what i cant. Very interesting anyway.So....good luck to you too! i see...you are in trailer too!
to Tenacious:TNX Tenacious!!! he he he he ......hope both us survive to this breaking experience!! cant wait to see some stuff from your thread!....mmmh..i got a bit of free time...i will surf on your pages earlier tonight.
to Maxko: 4.15???? AM??? OOOH MY FRIEND!!! so im not the only lone wolf working by night! and in italy is FULL MOON too! awwwwww...hem...sorry...im a tired guy,keep patience please.well,you are on game dev?...me also! in my career i done several games,but not a lot famous...so i left a bit that kind of work,or better...i work less for games a more about science visualization and historical/art animations...is interesting...but making games and fx is my favourite field of application.Can you tell me about what game you are working on?
software.......mmmm.......difficult to say at this point of development....im on storyboards now and pre-visualization, but probably i will use max,photoshop,premiere and after effect.
sound forge and....mmmh..thinking. I have different licences (EXPENSIVEEEE!!!gosh) but not enught i need to develope a professional looking trailer...so i have to do my best with what i got.Seeya!
(forget my english! lol)

B-movie

Old 10-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #14
DimitrisLiatsos
Lord of Bubbles

portfolio
Dimitris Liatsos
3d modeler/animator
freelancer
Athens, Greece

Send a message via MSN to DimitrisLiatsos

Good luck Fabio!...i will keep an eye on your progress...have fun friend!

Old 10-06-2006, 10:24 PM   #15
OZ
2d,3d,all is good 4 me!

portfolio
Fabio Oscar Corica
Florence, Italy

to Tenacious: !!! but!...are you in? do u run in this challenge?

to DimitrisLiatsos :wow! You chenged the avatar!!!
he he he is strange looking a new avatar of an old CGFRIEND!!! he he he.
Im glad to c you here too! did you take part to the challenge?anyway...thx!!! im very happy about your visit here...hope not disappoint you with bad stuff or missing to close this challenge.

B-movie

Thread Closed share thread