Eon (3D Scene) Entry: ZhuLi

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2006   #1
Eon (3D Scene) Entry: ZhuLi

ZhuLi is entered in the "Eon Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Render: final 6seconds adimation

Old 12 December 2006   #2
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Hello

I’m glad to come here to talk about art and cg-works with you.It’s the first time I enter for the competition. I choose the ‘Axis City’, hope you guys will like my work and give me advice.
Here are my drafts, I just draw it following my imagination.

Old 12 December 2006   #3
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: :)

This is my final concept design, my inspiration came from lotuses .And I designed the scene that the lake which has lotuses because of WATER. The outlook of the beautiful lake is in front of us,that’s my inspiration. I drawed it at once as soon as I got the feeling of the scene.

Old 12 December 2006   #4
Hey ZhuLi, you have quite interesting concepts here... now you need to get hurry my friend, there isn't much time left!

Old 12 December 2006   #5
Modeling: :)

This is my final modeling, my inspiration came from lotus flowers in China. I made the main buliding in the air ,and kept the others onthe water.I also desiged the world under water.The whole sences like the lotus flowers in the pond.I think the sence very interesting ,and hope you will like it.suggestions of you are very useful.

Old 12 December 2006   #6
I love this concept and the work you are doing to make it happen. My only question is how this fits into ThistleDown? It look like you have a convex surface the city is placed on instead of a concave one inside one of the chambers.

Old 12 December 2006   #7
:)

Firstly,thank you for your question.I think the people through the*concave one feel exciting and curious*when they see the differeence.I also think the contrast must be needed.The sence fits into ThistleDown naturely because convex or concave doesnt limits the conection of spaces and nice imagenation.

Last edited by LiZhu : 12 December 2006 at 06:19 PM.

Old 12 December 2006   #8
Well, very beautiful and inspirational concept you got here!

I noticed the convex surface too, like aurora did. Adn after your explanation to aurora I am very curious where you will go with this.

Good luck!
Sasha
EON

Old 12 December 2006   #9
Thank you for your reply,.I didnt fully undetstand your meaning last time.I realize the problems you noticed now,I will consult and do my best to make it better.really thank you. I will resign myself to your guidance.

Old 12 December 2006   #10
i wish to expand that convexed circular surface indefinitely, so it connects with other space. I feel this will be quite similar to axis city. But I have not finalised it yet, I look forward to your opinions after it's complete,thankyou.

Old 12 December 2006   #11
The lastest update really does a good job of capturing the concept art that you posted a while back. Nice work!

Old 12 December 2006   #12
Hey ZhuLi, very impressive work... looking forward for your updates.

Old 12 December 2006   #13
nice work, keep it up.

Old 12 December 2006   #14
great

hope you get to finish soon! this looks like a winner
3D Portfolio

Old 01 January 2007   #15
Shading (Textured and lit): :)

my network have some problems.so i really sorry I cant update in time.I use maya mainly.I created the sky and sea by fluid of maya. this is the effects in maya.It isnt finished,I will split out many passes for one render to adjust in combustion.I wil sumit online soon.wait for a moment.

Thread Closed share thread