Eon (3D Scene) Entry: andre richter

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2006
Originally Posted by MacAndre: @ gpepper and Jedi-Juice: i know the frant looks like a human, but i think i will keep this concept. maybe i will do some more tweeking.

No matter man, I like how he is. The human look seems better to me. In the book the frant have psychological abilities more than human, I think it is a good point to give him this look. Most of the frant I saw in this challenge look like monsters, I don't think this is sensible.

12 December 2006
nice work, i like your skin texture much much! :] is that cloth simulated or modeled and shaped? looks good too! hope to see more good luck!

-rj

12 December 2006
thx ragdoll the cloth is modeled, it is just a plan, so very easy...

12 December 2006
Shading (Textured and lit): cloth front and back

just to show the front and backside from an overview position...

12 December 2006
That design shaped up pretty nicely, and you just can't argue with such nice and hairy legs!

I'd say the alien features are stronger that the human similarities, so IMHO his certainly alien enough to pass his frant exams. My only crit would be that, anatomically speaking, he would hardly be able to have any use for his pectoralis major due to the lack of proper tendons - but then again this area is now cleverly hidden by his upper body clothing, so it's probably nothing to worry about

Looking forward to some motion tests!

xenomata

Be indiscreet - do it continuously.

12 December 2006
Hey great job with your work here! i really like it! the model texturing everything came together very well!

01 January 2007
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: olmy sketch

i did this little sketch some time ago.
this is the sideview of olmy.
i used this sketch to model his head...

01 January 2007
thx for the comments. i began to model olmy the head is already finished i think. i hope to bring this challenge to end.

01 January 2007
Modeling: olmy_head01

the head model. looking a little bit funny with the big ears.

01 January 2007
Modeling: olmy_head02

the front view

01 January 2007
Modeling: olmy_head03

the next one...

01 January 2007
Modeling: olmy torso

after creating the head,i have build the torso...

01 January 2007
great work on the frant man!

what i just want to note on the brown guy, is that the hair on the legs should start flatter from the top. I mean, the top hairs on the legs are standing up too much. If the hair on my legs would stand up like that, i think i'd start pulling them out :-)
But don't make them flat on the below part. Just start flat from the top

(if this isn't too hard ;-) )

01 January 2007
@ Nothingness: thx for the hint. in the final image the legs can´t be seen. so i hope i did not have to change this yet. maybe later...

01 January 2007
Hey Andre,

I like the characters designs , the Frant looks very good and so does Olmy. Nice job on both of them. I look forward to the final image and good luck .

Thread Closed share thread