Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Leonidas J. del Rio de Leon

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2006   #1
Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Leonidas J. del Rio

Leonidas J. del Rio de Leon is entered in the "Eon Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Render: no comp straight from render

Last edited by Leotril : 11 November 2006 at 03:57 AM.

Old 11 November 2006   #2
Post Eon title

Playing around with the title ..

Old 11 November 2006   #3
Post Intro

Hi Everybody..

I finally decided to join the challenge a bit scared cuz im learning to model as i go + only 47 days left .. but i think i have a clear idea of what im trying to do anyways.

My scene is gonna be in some of the libraries .. a panoramic view is gonna be needed with windows looking at the city in Alexandria or any other city.. Patricia is gonna be there some how..

I already did some sketches that i will publish tommorrow.. also i did some testing with models buildings and some part of the interior of the library.. i been reading the book for the last 2 weeks and also thinking of my aproach ..

I think this gonna be more of a learnig experience to me ..

Last edited by Leotril : 11 November 2006 at 03:56 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 12 December 2006   #4
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Thistledown

Ok here we go..

Old 12 December 2006   #5
I like the style of the Thistledown so far. My only suggestion would be to make things a bit more exotic. Remember that Alexandria is a very terrestrial-seeming city, with Earthlike towers and skyscrapers, while Thistledown, built later, is a city more uniquely adapted to the environment of the Stone.

Keep plugging away at it. It looks good so far!

Old 12 December 2006   #6
@vmulligan.. thx for the coments.. im looking into making things more interesting working on the interior right now and will look into those buildings after that .. i get the golf tee buildings all wrong the look like mushrooms

Last edited by Leotril : 12 December 2006 at 12:04 AM.

Old 12 December 2006   #7
EON book inspiration..

Thistledown City was astonishing, newer than Alexandria by two centuries; it had been built after the Stone's launch, incorporating designs not thought of until the inhabitants had had long experience with their environment. Here the Stone architects had allowed themselves complete freedom. Treating the chamber as a giant valley, they had strung cables from cap to cap and hung buildings from them in graceful curves. Taking advantage of the upward slope of the floor, they had built arched structures fully ten kilometers long, bands of steel and processed Stone material interacting in patterns of silver and white, casting soft-edged shadows over the neighborhoods below. Some of the structures rose to the very limits of the chamber's atmosphere; these were actually thicker at the top than the bottom, like golf tees.

Even empty, Thistledown City seemed alive. It would take only the merest suggestion of people to come to life, Patricia thought; a few hundred citizens, moving from building to building, dressed in outrageous clothescolorful, flowing garments suited to the curves and vaults and arches, bright colors to contrast with the muted creams, whites and metallics of the city.

Pretty cool huh ? Theres a lot buildings to be add also the golf tee .. the cables, hanging buildings .. oh the arc buildings.. the roundenss of the chamber is not clear right now .. i think buildings could be hanging from the walls .. i need to get all the metrics right for this ill do some research ill work on the buildings an city next week..

Im working on the interior of the library right now i having a hard time with polygonal modeling but ill see what i can do.. i get some inspiration from art deco and some movies also

Later

Last edited by Leotril : 12 December 2006 at 12:21 AM.

Old 12 December 2006   #8
Hi there, I have come over to support your thread. Great start on Thistledown City. Keep the updates a coming

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 12 December 2006   #9
Hi Leotril,

Your thist steps are looking promising, I am going to follow your progress.

Good luck!
Sasha

Old 12 December 2006   #10
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Sketches

Thanks for the support element5 and musi.. :wise:

Some of this sketches are pretty old before i started k .. well the chair i added later thats really important cause is the way Patricia find information about Thistledown and things to come in the form of a hologram.. i started with the golf tee building design..

Last edited by Leotril : 12 December 2006 at 05:40 AM.

Old 12 December 2006   #11
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Golf Tee

I take some time thinking about this building i think theres something kinda alien about it and maybe art deco .. well i need to thing also about the rest of the buildings the concep stuff is just temporaly i mean the buildings i did before ..

Last edited by Leotril : 12 December 2006 at 05:44 AM.

Old 12 December 2006   #12
I already started modeling all that stuff k.. things are going a little slow cuz im learnig a lot stuff about modelling and also modeling patricia's head .. much more to come tommorrow and this weekend ..

Later

Old 12 December 2006   #13
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Golf tee Previz

I hope to finish this model over Weekend once i add the details of the sketch. I did some lighting test on this also add a directional light in conjuction with Global Illumination HDR lightning .. just a test

Last edited by Leotril : 12 December 2006 at 06:16 AM.

Old 12 December 2006   #14
Hey Leotril, good start... I hope you have time to finish it... hurry up mate!

Old 12 December 2006   #15
Modeling: Modeling Seat #1

This is my take in one of the chairs of Thistledown library
Im planning to add more detail to this k also need to model much more important things and time is running out :(

Thread Closed share thread