Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Vikram K. Mulligan

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2007   #61
Let me be the first in congratulate you on your animation.. i like it a lot it reminds of Alien for some reason and thats a good thing ,, also like the transition was cool

Old 01 January 2007   #62
Originally Posted by Leotril: Let me be the first in congratulate you on your animation.. i like it a lot it reminds of Alien for some reason and thats a good thing ,, also like the transition was cool

Hey, Leotril. Yes, I've always liked the look of the first two Alien movies, so that's high praise . Thanks!

Old 01 January 2007   #63
Final Render: OTV Docking

This is my final still rendering for the Eon modelling contest. The image shows an OTV docking to one of the rotating docks in the borehole. I used Wings and Maya for modelling, Darktree Textures and Photoshop for texturing, Maya again for scene setup and lighting, and 3Delight (a Renderman clone) for rendering. Some custom shaders were written using Windows Notepad and previsualized with Aqsis (another Renderman clone).

Note that the original image was rendered at 2657x3636 resolution. This has been scaled down and the compression quality reduced to drop the file size to below 150 kilobytes and the image size below 1280x1024.
Strange Behaviour animation and still.
Eon animation and still.

Old 01 January 2007   #64
And for anyone curious about my finished animation, it's on the fourth page of my forum pages.

Old 01 January 2007   #65
Your work is great man, especially concept and lights.

Old 01 January 2007   #66
Originally Posted by spire: Your work is great man, especially concept and lights.

Thanks, Spire!

Old 02 February 2007   #67
Arrow

Great final image & animation

Good luck for the vote

Old 02 February 2007   #68
Nice mood here! I like the contrasts. My congratulations on finishing and good luck now

Old 02 February 2007   #69
Originally Posted by Nomad: Great final image & animation
Good luck for the vote

Originally Posted by arturro: Nice mood here! I like the contrasts. My congratulations on finishing and good luck now

Thanks, Nomad and Arturro!

Old 02 February 2007   #70
Your final render still image is awesome! You've taken a simple scene (modeling-wise) and have made it look so much more detailed with the displacements, lighting, rendering, and post comp work. I also love the compostion of the piece. Very well done.

Good luck with the final judging!

Old 02 February 2007   #71
Originally Posted by Jedi-Juice: Your final render still image is awesome! You've taken a simple scene (modeling-wise) and have made it look so much more detailed with the displacements, lighting, rendering, and post comp work. I also love the compostion of the piece. Very well done.

Good luck with the final judging!

Thanks, Jesus. Yes, you're on to my dirty little secret -- the scene is actually quite simple, and it's the surface and displacement shaders, the lighting, and the postprocessing that I use to sell it. Ah, well. Whatever works, eh?

By the way, I had a look at yours, too. I like it a lot -- particularly the design of the truck, and the weeds by the roadside. Good luck to you too!

Old 02 February 2007   #72
Thumbs up

details supremo! this is far out! congratulations mate! ur final entry rocks the house! again .. ur details are just .. wow! very nice lighting too! soft glow n all .. cool!

good luck dude! cheers!

Old 02 February 2007   #73
Originally Posted by nwiz25: details supremo! this is far out! congratulations mate! ur final entry rocks the house! again .. ur details are just .. wow! very nice lighting too! soft glow n all .. cool!
good luck dude! cheers!

Thanks, Neville!

Old 03 March 2007   #74
Say, does anyone know when the results are to be announced? The competition looks pretty stiff. There are a lot of really good entries, and I'm starting to get nervous .

Old 03 March 2007   #75
Hey Vikram,

Well, I don't know when the winners will be announced but in the FAQ thread Mibus who is looking after the challenges said it usually takes 2-4 weeks to announce the winners. It is now just over 4 weeks so I would guess we will be hearing the announcement soon..
Your image looks cool, great job and good luck.

Thread Closed share thread