Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Tim Dunn

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2007   #46
Tim -

Whether you finish or not - the fact that you made such an effort is worthy of praise!

Great work!

Old 01 January 2007   #47
Originally Posted by mlynch: Tim -

Whether you finish or not - the fact that you made such an effort is worthy of praise!

Great work!

agreed 100%

even if you aren't able to finish your piece you've provided feedback and critique to quite a few of us, and that my friend is what these challenges are all about.

Old 01 January 2007   #48
Thanks mlynch and SNoWs, I look at a ton of entries and sadly only post to a small handful. The only reason why I don't post to more is I look at them while I'm waiting for quick code compiles or render tests. As soon as they are done I bug out. Sadly its this same method of working that I have available to working on my Eon challenge. I really REALLY wanted to complete this one. It jusy sickens me that I won't, at least not the way I had set out to do it.

But I do thank everybody that has offered such kind words and critiques through out this challenge to me. I wish I could have been as kind to everybody else.

Old 01 January 2007   #49
Lol;

Just about the same thing had had happened with me in the first challenge I had taken part of here...
I had to wait too long for the processing, so I kept providing feedback to others and browsing the other works. But now that I have upgraded my computers and went for even more time demanding scenes... I really fell behind in any use to others

I think I can sympathise with how you want this thing finished... I sincerely hope you do.. cause the way you have helped us picture it sure seems to be worth the go.
Unfortunately luck was not on your side in the most of it. I really hope that that stage has past and your time will be enough.

It is looking great and I am really looking forward for the lighting set up in mention.

Black

Last edited by BlackDidThis : 01 January 2007 at 01:27 AM.

Old 01 January 2007   #50
I started my challenges from Grand Space Opera, and only finished GSO and Spectacular. Master and Servant as well as The Journey begins were my failiures. But I know one thing.
All eforts are woth their price, so try to do as much as possible. After the challenge you won't be so motivated to do it. You learn a lot from it, as you want to do something, do some research how to do it, than you try, try, develop it, and at the end you're a winner as we all. Besides we all have to face deadlines with difficult projects, a bit of stress is also a good training for the future

best wishes!

Old 01 January 2007   #51
Shading (Textured and lit): Drive Cube Texturing

Deffinently not what I had want for texturing but it's this or not finishing which I'm despartely trying to do.

Been experimenting on shading for the Way, getting closer but still needs more work for sure. Again its ALONG ways from what I wanted to do but, oh well. Next month :)

Old 01 January 2007   #52
just a reminder mate that there is an extra 20 days slapped onto the competition, so a little more breathing space for sure..
I think the effort shows, in all your pieces especially, in design. Love the Maltese Cross personally, very original!.

Marley

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

B-MOVIE

NVart Competition

KING
PHARAOH
GOLIATH

Old 01 January 2007   #53
just a reminder mate that there is an extra 20 days slapped onto the competition,

Seriously? Man how the heck did I miss that? I woke up this morning and decided I was not going to work any further on it becuase the cheap procedurals just looked just that CHEAP and CHEESEY and I just did not want people to think I can't texture worth crap. But now?!?!?!?

Where did you see this message? I somehow missed it.

Old 01 January 2007   #54
The cutoff is the end of the 31st of January*. If you have any questions or problems, please post in the FAQ thread. If you have any other comments about the challenge, you can direct them to me (robert@ballisticmedia.net).

YEAH!! Thats a pray answered!

Old 01 January 2007   #55
Post Effects and Compositing: Experimental pFX

This is a first round of experimenting with the Cross Unit and Drive Cubes pFX/HV's. Note I have added in the Buffer region pFX yet. Not sure if I like the color saturation on the yellow pFX yet though.
Also note this is an un-post touched render. When time comes I'll spend some time in Fusion (since I need it for the animation anyways) to really make these look nicer.
If I have enough time I'll try and do a render of the Cross, Drive Cubes, pFX and Way tonight.

Old 01 January 2007   #56
Shading (Textured and lit): Pfx test 2

Just a quick test with the cross drive cubes and the pFX. Def not there yet but at least I now have some breathing room.
The Axis Nader cylinder is just a lowpoly stand in. The Way is just another bizzare concept and still not what I want whatever that is. Even with the extra time I won;t get the Way done the way I had wanted.

Old 01 January 2007   #57
hey bro! i just went thru ur thread! n man was i zonked! 3d was smthin i wudnt've been able to work around with that much ... mainly because of the details ..:( ..

but Tim! ma man! ur work oozes with amazing details! pls pls at any cost try n complete it in some way or the other .. u came this far dude! ... dont let it bring u down! i wholeheartedly agree with SnoWs .. in one of his comments .. that inspite of ur work being slowed down n all .. u still cheered many members ..

i respect u for that with all my heart! thats smthin undeniably awesome!

god bless u bro with all the best things in life! pls try n finish off what u toiled for ..

time has been granted .. ( there is a god ) ...

waiting for u mate!

kick some dust and cross that finishing line will u!

hehehe .. cheers to u!

Old 01 January 2007   #58
nwiz25 - Thanks! The comments arre much appreciated. I woke up yesterday and had intended in throwing in the towel and quitting becuase the textures were extremely quickly done and just plain suck. I so did not want this to turn crappy. But now I have a chance to actually have some time to work on it AFTER my work project is completed. While I still won't get it all done the way I envisioned I will be able to get something completed and makes me happy!

Old 01 January 2007   #59
Originally Posted by aurora: nwiz25 - Thanks! The comments arre much appreciated. I woke up yesterday and had intended in throwing in the towel and quitting becuase the textures were extremely quickly done and just plain suck. I so did not want this to turn crappy. But now I have a chance to actually have some time to work on it AFTER my work project is completed. While I still won't get it all done the way I envisioned I will be able to get something completed and makes me happy!

Great to know that you now have some time to finish this up. Go Tim, we're rooting for ya!

Old 01 January 2007   #60
This turning out to be really fascinating...
I can see now where you plan on placing the paint effects!

But Tim;

Have I missed out on some part that you decided to envision the part that the city is accelerated to reach near light-speed to seal the gates clean?

Or is it just that the texture is misguiding me?
And if they are... HAVE you actually concidered such a scene as well? Being the Paint FX junkie you say you are?
You can actually even include the flaw-ship you worked on... while they are trying to catch up.

I know that IF you are not going for this, it is actually offering for you to do something pretty difficult... but in the long run, you won't have to spare as much time for the texturing since you can burst most of it into motion streaks that flow along its way.

Just a thought...

Black

Thread Closed share thread