Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Mike Moir

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2007
Shading (Textured and lit): Adding the distant cities

Another update here, I have added the distant cities although I am going to add more variety of buildings , right now it is too many buildings of the same height.
Also textured the terrain , to add the river etc.
Any comments or crits, let me know .

01 January 2007
hi mmoir.. i like the hanging buildings very Eon like good job.. also the chamber is pretty cool ur missing the golf tee buildings i think try to make then if ur doind this in Thistletown ..

01 January 2007
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments you have given so far,its is appreciated .

Leotril- the main hanging building is the golf tee type building , I plan on adding more in the distance.

01 January 2007
Hi Mike!
it looks better and better. This river looks great! maybe add a loong bridge there... As th eterrain is concerned I'm not sure if bump and specular will do the thing here, I would try to make some displacements especially in the bottom part... But I know that time is running out. Wish you best luck!

01 January 2007
phew!

thats a large file! must be hard to manage!
3D Portfolio

01 January 2007
Shading (Textured and lit): Texturing the Hanging city

Hey,
In this update I have added the textures to the Hanging city, the trim color or accent strips are supposed to be metal so I have to do that but this is the general feel I was after.
Some buildings are a little off which I have to fix. I excluded the replicated distant cities in this render.
Any comments or crits, let me know.

01 January 2007
Looks great my firend. Good feel of scale is there. I only feel a lack of some specularity there, looks a but dry. But still nice progress!

01 January 2007
Shading (Textured and lit): Clouds and Texture update

In this update I added the clouds and updated the Plasma tube as well I added some more terrain work on the bottom part of the terrain.
I am going to start modeling the foreground buildings now.

01 January 2007
Your scene is looking good dude.I like the hanging building.

01 January 2007
Modeling: Building Models

I spent the last while modeling the buildings going in the foreground, I may still model a few more but I think if I vary the shaders and rotation and size , the city should look okay.
Let me know is you have any comments or crits.

01 January 2007
great Mike!
buildings look really great! I'm sure they will look awsome in your scene. Quite real look. Hope you can spend some time during those 11 days and will make wonderful scene!
I'll be watching no crits at this point

01 January 2007
Post Effects and Compositing: Lighting Test and buildings in scene.

Well, here is an update where I used some lighting to create some more depth to the image. The buildings don't show up very well in this lighting but since postwork isn't really supposed to be used I can't render this on a separate layer with different lighting.
I will have to find a way to make it work , at least I don't have to render the still at the larger size which will help me out on time.
Let me know if you have any comments.

01 January 2007
Those buildings look good Mike. Nice detailing

01 January 2007
Final Render: Final possiblity

Well, here is the layers composited together. I still think I need more strenght to the Plasma tube and I am going to add more lights to the tops of the buildings.
Let me know if you have any comments.

01 January 2007
The biggets suggestions I'd give you are the onse you already added, especially strengthing up the plasma tube. But looks uber-sweet right now! Good luck!

Thread Closed share thread