Eon (3D Scene) Entry: olieslagers

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
gpepper, thanx

nothingness, I like this one more as well
yes he walks more like an ape, I imagined
but he, if necesarry, can balance on his legs to use his hands
I started modeling yesterday, updates will follow later
btw all's done in photoshop

10 October 2006
Modeling: frant_model_update

here's a first view on my frant model I've been working on
hope you guys like it
aaaaah, goodnight, need some sleep now

10 October 2006
the design looks a bit odd, but i like it someway Especially the strange looking head. I also like the olmy design a lot, very curious to see it in 3D! Good luck mate!

10 October 2006
looking strange to me . but i like it. maybe the legs are a bit shot imo and the underarm is to long, but this is only my personal feeling. i think the proportions needs a little ajustment...

10 October 2006
I like the Frant model. It fits well with the description in the book. Perhaps you could make the head look a bit less board-like and more anatomically plausible...if you know what I mean.

11 November 2006
*johnnymaster - thanx, yes, the creature looks a bit odd but I like it as well, btw, love your work, it' s looking really good

*MacAndre - yes, hmmm, dunno
the arms are long but I kinda like it, maybe some proportions will change while I finish the model, we'll see

*Jedi-Juice - thank you and yes, his head will change
I'm planning on integrating his eyes more with the head, make the back of his head a bit wider and loose the square shape some more

11 November 2006
Hey tom,

for starters, great start!
now,

you don't have to agree with mee, but the best way to start it is to model it at rest pose. Unless you are modeling it at the pose you are going to put it in. But non-the-less, it's better to make him stand up straight and let him stand in balance as well. Then position the arms at his side at maybe a degree of 45 downwards. (armen gestrekt naast het lichaam en dan wat laten zakken dus)
This should make it easyer to do the rigging later on. Then the elbow should stick out more because right now it looks like there isn't any. Try it a little like the reversed kneecap but less exagerated.
About the top of the upper leg: give some space between them - we might have something hanging there - but there should be space to be flexible for moving.
I also would suggest making the upper arm musscle (biceps and triceps i think) bigger to give more the impression it has strenght enough to move those big arms and hands around. Then in addition maybe buffing up that chest and shoulders. (only if it looks out of balance)

hope it's a start!

again, they are jsut suggestions mate

good modeling

11 November 2006
wohohoow man, hihi
nothingness, this was just a first wip model of the frant
there's still a lot to do on this character
I haven't really worked on the arms for instance, but thanks anyway, and for the pose yes, I know I'll have to place it in this restpose for rigging, I'll take care of that, but I'm modeling this without any reference, besides that one drawing I've posted, and so this seemed a nice pose to start designing him and determing the length of his arms and legs
and about the thing between his legs ... well there won't be any, hehe
I see him like some kind of hermafrodite type of creature

btw thanks for the avatar correction hihi, much better
greetings

11 November 2006
HAAHAH

i was thinking there wasn't going to be anythin between the legs. But still i think it needs some space so that there would be enough movement possible. If you look at the same spot at the female side - i hope you can imagine it well - you see the same thing caused by the way the muscles are put together.

and if the arms got too long or too short, you can always correct it a little with the setup. Just by streching the joint a little.

but go ahead, let me waste no more time on sending you literature

edit, great avatar! much more comfortable this size

11 November 2006
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: thistledown city inspirational

another thistledown inspirational
I think I'm close to the final shape of it now
guess it'll be something like this, not this view but the overal shapes and mood are pretty much how I would like them to be
ok,back to my frant model now ...

11 November 2006
wow, you are good painter i see, looks nice, curious to see it in 3D! Keep at it mate!

11 November 2006
Modeling: frant model update

here's an update on my frant model
it's a smoothed render
the next step is taking him into Z-brush and define and adjust the muscles some more and adding some texture to the creature

11 November 2006
Modeling: frant update

phew, finally an update on my scene
it's a rough texture on my frant model
needs some tweaking and some bumpmap
more will follow

12 December 2006
Frants' looking good. Do you still plan on giving him a ZBrush pass?

12 December 2006
jedi-juice > thanx and yes I allready made a Z-Brush version but I have some problems importing the depthmap into maya, this is all new to me and I'm learning it all while doiing it, but it's not easy

so, if you got some tips for me concerning the depthmap, you're more than welcome
I allready downloaded the multi displacement 2 plug-in but I don't know what I'm doiing wrong with it

Thread Closed share thread