Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Steven Pendrous

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
Hi,

'Nothingness - MacAndre'

Thanks for the comments... I'm currently using 3ds Max 8 and yes the contour shaders are 'built in'. The material is a standard blinn with the contour map asigned under the 'mental ray Connection' rollout in the 'material editor'. You also have to enable 'Contours' and asign maps to 'Contrast' , 'Store' and 'Output' within the 'Camera Effects' rollout of the 'Render Scene' dialog.

As I mentioned previously, I've only been playing around with this for a few days (and definately haven't got it working quite how I want it) but have a look... ther's some really cool things in there!

'Jedi-Juice'

Thanks for letting me know that... and I'm pleased everythings OK! Spoke to a couple of people at work and they all agreed that they were definately different enough for it not to be an issue (especially with finished maps and textures). Anyway keep up the good work, your models looking great!!!

Steve

Secret Agent Challenge - WIP
EON Challenge - WIP

11 November 2006
Good modelling, model is clean and right, nice start.

But i think there is some "overshoot", detailed bottom part of this machine will be invisible to us, so i think some part's of this model can be much simplier. May be you whant to crush it lately to show all modelled parts, i don't know.

Good luck.

11 November 2006
Nice looking vehicle. You've got a good rugged look to it, and it's interesting to see you've chosen to give it the "tried and true" leaf spring and live axle suspension set-up. Simple, effective and can't go wrong. I also agree with the comments regarding your render style. The cel shading is very effective at showing off your modelling skills.

11 November 2006
very nice very nice I like your style man, can't wait to see some updates here

11 November 2006
Thanks for the comments guys...

'Targus'

Thanks for the advice....I have modelled probably a bit more of the vehicle than is really necessary. The thing is, I don't want to restrict myself with any camera angles just because I skipped over part of the model. I've done that once before and spent ages going back over it trying to add the extra components i needed to see in the shot. I also quite like the idea of having the vehicle on a polished stone bridge with steel bands running across it which will no doubt reflect quite a lot of the underside.

'HowieFarkes - tastatura'

Thanks for your comments about the rendering, however, I'm not too sure how much longer I'm going to be using the 'cell shaded' style for... might revert back to my good old tried and tested render setup soon.

I've been working on the vehicle cab recently, but I've been thinking more and more about starting to model Patricia soon and unfortunately cell shaded renders will definately not work for her!!

Should have something else for you all to see very, very soon...

Steve

EON Challenge - WIP

11 November 2006
Modeling: Modeling - V1.06(HEAD)

Well... I know its been a long,long time since I lasted posted anything (don't seem to have anywhere near as much time as I'd like) but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy. As I mentioned previously, I thought I'd get to work on Patricia. I've spent a huge amount of time trying to get it to look 'right' and I think with a few materials (bump, diffuse etc) she should start to look how I look how I want.

I also just finished the body (minus hands and feet!) so I'll get that posted in a second as well.

Please let me know what you think?

EON Challenge - WIP

11 November 2006
Modeling: Modeling - V2.01(BODY) - Nudity

This is the final body design although as you can see there are no hands or feet yet (should have them finished in a day or so). At the moment this is all just modelled using poly's and a meshsmooth, but I plan to add a lot of extra details with bump and diffuse maps (might add a displacement map in there too, but not sure yet).

Once again there's probably more modeling than I need to do, since she's going to be clothed, but at least this should give me a base when creating her jumpsuit.

Please feel free to ask any questions... or just let me know what you think.

Steve

EON Challenge - WIP

11 November 2006
wow...my respect, you are really a fantastic modeler! I love the face, very, very nice work. I'm looking forward for your next updates, very curious at this moment!

11 November 2006
Wow! Impressive modeling on Patricia. Nothing to crit other than she doesn't appear to be Latina, but it's still too early to tell. Texturing and hair can change that.

I just hope that I can do a good job on my Patricia. She will be my very first female model.

11 November 2006
'johnymaster - Jedi-Juice'

Thanks for the comments guys... I really appreciate it! There's some absolutely amazing work coming out of this challenge, just hope I can keep up. I think the tough bit for most people (especially me!) is going to be compiling all of the elements into the final scene. Hopefully I'll get there... just got to keep on working at it!

EON Challenge - WIP

11 November 2006
Hi there, great model making. I am paticually interested in ur Vehicle...great job. How did u get that cartoon outline on ur renderings....looks cool

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

11 November 2006
Talking Gigadi Gigadi Goo!

Nice chic! your models are comming along fantabulously!

from your pre-vis, everthing is going look awesome!

and intersting use of the contour shader, I really like it!

Looking forward to see what else you come up with!

12 December 2006
great work on the model. The head looks sweet.
just one suggestion: the model in complete is rather skinny - or slim! And in this case you would see the ribs sticking out a little more. It might not be the intention because it would propablt be covered with clothes. But since you have much detail in other places, i thought i'll just add it here ;-)

cheers

12 December 2006
Modeling: V1.02 (LIBRARY CHAIR)

Here is some work I've been doing on the interior of the 'Thistledown Library'. Not much to go on at the moment but I'll post more later.

EON Challenge - WIP

12 December 2006
Modeling: V1.05 (LIBRARY CHAIR + HOLOGRAM CITY)

Here's an update on the Library interior. There's still no architecture yet, just been working on the idea of the Thisledown city 'appearing' around the chair in the form of a hologram.

Please feel free to let me know what you think!

Steve

EON Challenge - WIP

Thread Closed share thread