Eon (3D Scene) Entry: CORRIE ENGELBRECHT

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2006
Wow! That is awesome Corrie!

11 November 2006
Thanks Bronwen,I need to work more on this ,but time is min right now.

Cheers Corrie.

11 November 2006
Modelling

I like the modelling so far but I have questions. What are you going to do with the atmosphere in the chamber. Thick brightly lit.....I'm curious because you're showing the model now and you've got some interesting style/design. So i'm already thinking camera angles textures, yada yada yada....

The next stage sounds promising.

11 November 2006
I'm loving it

01 January 2007
Hi every one,

Long time no see.
Everything went pear shaped at work Nov-Des ,they even cancelled my leave so I can work,
which set me so far behind.work is still hectic,but there is still 11 days left I think,maybe I still have a chance completing my scene in some way or another,hold chumbes.

Cheers ,Corrie

01 January 2007
Hey Corrie,

so you think you can continue with your scene !!?? These are great news and I hope to see the updates coming soon!

Ah, and Happy New Year for you!

-sabrina

01 January 2007
Thanks Sabrina,

A Happy New Year to you to!

I realy realy realy would like to finnish this challenge-so I'll see what I can do for time to work on it,wish me good luck.

01 January 2007
Modeling: EON

Hi every one,
A little update,I have added another building and re-aranged the buildings a bit.

01 January 2007
wow, i'm speachess. sh****tloadsa details, sick modeling job! now a small sugestion, i do that on trees usually, rotate a few clones so you get more variations of the same models, since the eye doesnt recognize them instanly as clones keep on rocking mate, looking forward to you next update - and happy new year

01 January 2007
Thanks Shasha for the comment and suggestion.A lot of these buildings are actualy clone that have been rotated and scaled up and down.

Do you think the camera angle general lay-out is ok?

Cheers ,Corrie

01 January 2007
Originally Posted by SONIC-X:
Do you think the camera angle general lay-out is ok?

Your buildings look great, as does the chaber. Don't forget, though, that the city covers the whole of the curving walls of the cylinder. The "down" direction is the radial direction due to the centrifugal force felt by objects in the rotating Stone.

01 January 2007
Modeling: EON CHALLENGE

Here is a update
Added the Hanging buildings ect.

01 January 2007
Hey Corrie,

I see you've been busy, I like the additions you've made, especially the hanging buildings ...I'm not sure though about the clone of the city on the cylinder wall, perhaps it would work better to scatter some single buildings along the wall to show the geometry and curving of the wall?
But it all depends on the atmosphere you'll add and of course I'm eager now to see the texturing ...just a race against the time...good luck !

-sabrina

01 January 2007
Hi Sabrina,

It is not realy a clone ,I have to still model the rock vallies for the two cities which is the one part I'm not good at.

Wish me luck.

01 January 2007
Good luck with rock vallies! landsacape modelling was a real headace for me, too!

Thread Closed share thread