Eon (3D Scene) Entry: CORRIE ENGELBRECHT

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
Thanks for the info iNcurSioN.

10 October 2006
welcome SONIC-X to the challenge.

10 October 2006
Hey dude I like your concept Just go for it.

My art blog

10 October 2006
Seems that the 3rd chamber is a pretty popular choice. Anyway, your concept looks great from what I could see. Wanna see some modelling now!!!

10 October 2006
Modeling: 3rd Chamber

Here i have just started to model some buildings so far.

10 October 2006
Interesting shapes Corrie, they look futuristic alright. Will wait to se how you integrate this in the Stone concept.

Cheers!

EON
My journey entry
Spectacular
Master and Servant

10 October 2006
Modeling: 3rd Chamber

Here I have added some more building and pulled it into max to see what its going to look like.
These buildings will make part of Thistledown at the end,I still have to see how I'm going to incorporate stone structures with this and then there is still the hanging buildings and and and.

Lots of time left so I'm going to try and make it detailed.

Any crits welcome,
Cheers.

10 October 2006
hey looking good, I like the buildings in the back, the tallest ones. And your style is starting to come out. I like it, looking forward to more of the city. What are you thinking for whats around the city?

www.agentfx.com

10 October 2006
The modelings of buildings is great.
I'm interresting of how your final image will be. The concept of chambers is original.

I like.
David.

10 October 2006
Thumbs up Good luck

Hi there! Good luck with the challange. Your posting was what catched my eye from other subissons so far. I, myself, am going to take part in the 2D category and about 4th chamber. Take your time, you have your buildings almost done, some more detals would be nice. Keep up the good work!

Greetings!

10 October 2006
Hey!

Hey Corrie,Impressive stuff you got here.I cant wait to see how it`ll end up.Also one suggestion,try adding some smaller elements that would improve the scale of the larger archtecture.

Cheers!

Prabath.

10 October 2006
destruct007-Thanks for the visit.I still have to deside on a lot the element for the scene and the final composition.

David-Thanks for the support dude.

SpetsK-Your welcom.I still have a lot more buildings to model,this is only the start.

Prabath-These are the smaller archtecture actually,these are just some of the buildings that will be surrounding the big one that stretches to the clouds.

10 October 2006
Hey Corrie,

you've been busy here, great start with the modeling, very futuristic ...If you want to be near to the description in the book you should definitely add some of the hanging structures, they are the main difference between the more common architecture in the 2nd chamber and the city Thistledown in the 3rd chamber.
I just saw that you've asked for the kind of transport of the people in the chambers...according to the book they have a kind of trucks and there's also a train running through the asteroid, partially underground...

Cheers,

-sabrina

10 October 2006
Hi Sabrina, the hanging buildings are still comming at later stage.Thanks for the info on the transport.I'm busy working on the caps to get an idea of scale.

Cheers!

10 October 2006
Hey there Corrie !

ouh the modeling is already pretty advanced and great !!
Really cool style !

keep on rocking mate !

cheers ,

-Zapan

"One today is worth two tomorrows"
-Benjamin Franklin-

Thread Closed share thread