Eon (3D Scene) Entry: adel adili (Leda)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2007   #46
The pyramid's shape i very strong "brand" in our subconiusness. No surprise taht someone have had the same idea Here's a cool pic from that movie: http://www.forumcinemas.lv/files/it..._fond1_1024.jpg

Old 01 January 2007   #47
Modeling: final wire frame

This is the wire frame of my work. I thought I might add another character but in this stage I changed my mind because I got what I wanted to.
M&S 3D (3rd Ru.. Up) Hi-Res l Detail l WIP
Journey 2D unfinished

Old 01 January 2007   #48
hectic

this scene looks like something out of book excellent!

Old 01 January 2007   #49
Modeling: Character

Here is my character(Researcher) in last post .
Journey 2D unfinished

Old 01 January 2007   #50
Thumbs up Final Render: Final Work

When the challenge was announced and after getting the essense of it I thought of creating something
with a surrealistic touch and almost a symmetric composition with a horizen in far away.
The pyramid has always been the most mysterious and beautiful geometric
fiqure to me and more than that it is the axis of it which has the best quality of the pyramid inside .No wonder that this idea of a pyramid and a tree inside came to my mind
during the night I read about Eon challenge.
Therefore, this tree in my project is the symbol of eternity ,ei; the pyramid with its mythical power helps the tree to be eternal.So the floating pyramid in an unknown land was something that I thought of creating.The philosophy behind the floating pyramid is like this: As a pyramid is so powerful and so independent and full of characters it doesn't need to be stabilized on sth like earth otherwise it is sth to lean on so in this case the floating pyramid makes sense.
In foreground my scene shows some form of rocks which was once used as an altar for sacrificing and offering lives to the tree but now there is no life in there just after thousand years there are some researchers discovering this place and amazed by this alive tree.
softwares:
_3dsmax
_Vray
_Photoshop
Journey 2D unfinished

Last edited by adel3d : 01 January 2007 at 10:57 AM.

Old 01 January 2007   #51
Excellent image !

And great story

Old 01 January 2007   #52
Final Render: final Render & animation

When the challenge was announced and after getting the essense of it I thought of creating something
with a surrealistic touch and almost a symmetric composition with a horizen in far away.
The pyramid has always been the most mysterious and beautiful geometric
fiqure to me and more than that it is the axis of it which has the best quality of the pyramid inside .No wonder that this idea of a pyramid and a tree inside came to my mind
during the night I read about Eon challenge.
Therefore, this tree in my project is the symbol of eternity ,ei; the pyramid with its mythical power helps the tree to be eternal.So the floating pyramid in an unknown land was something that I thought of creating.The philosophy behind the floating pyramid is like this: As a pyramid is so powerful and so independent and full of characters it doesn't need to be stabilized on sth like earth otherwise it is sth to lean on so in this case the floating pyramid makes sense.
In foreground my scene shows some form of rocks which was once used as an altar for sacrificing and offering lives to the tree but now there is no life in there just after thousand years there are some researchers discovering this place and amazed by this alive tree.

Softwares: 3ds max,Photoshop,VRay

This submit contains animation which is low quality because I didn't know we had to have animation too.So in a hurry I animated my scene to show that my work was done in 3d.The project is multi 3d layers but because of lack of time I could render animate the foreground only.The problem was that my work was vertical but horizental encoding was needed.It seems that there is no need for tif format submission in this part of challenge.please let me know if I got it wrong.

Play Video >>
Journey 2D unfinished

Last edited by adel3d : 01 January 2007 at 05:42 PM.

Old 01 January 2007   #53
Stunning, it truely turn out absolutely stunning!

Old 01 January 2007   #54
Hi adel,
i truly hope that we get a bit time extension for finishing animation. Ps. Your final submission looks really excellent

Old 02 February 2007   #55
A great and original work. I wish you all the good luck!

Old 02 February 2007   #56
unique, very unusual. I would only put up a but it's contrast, but still, great work!
congrats!

Old 02 February 2007   #57
Thumbs up

hey this is realy great job Adel....sorry for not being around during the process....i just loged in now and saw the finished piece and a then big WOWWW.....

i like the story,the models are great as usual and everyother things as well....but what i realy liked the most was the lighting.....which made it so real.....the only thing i think you still can work on are the ROCK textures....which seems somehow that have some problem with theire UV's...but still they look great....
your best image i can remember till now...lets have high hopes for voting

Old 02 February 2007   #58
Love the lightning,good work and very nice pic.Congratz on that finih!

Old 02 February 2007   #59
Beautiful piece, Adel! Looks like a science-fiction book cover.

Even though it doesn't fit well with the EON story, I wish you the best of luck in the final judging.

Old 02 February 2007   #60
hey adel this is great ... very nice
but in animation gi have problem. i see noise in your animation and i think animation render with vray.
(sorry for my bad english)

Thread Closed share thread