Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Maciej Frolow

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2006   #61
Modeling: Detailing...

Finally an update... some small changes here... I added a window... it looks not bad... more to come... Notice the background, this will be close to the final look with some transparencies to see the city in far below.

Old 12 December 2006   #62
I'm glad you're still working on those sharpness changes it really is making massively great changes to your flaw ship. Can't wait to see your texturing on it!

Old 12 December 2006   #63
Talking

Nice! I'm diggin the extra little stuff your adding!

Cheers!

Old 12 December 2006   #64
Arrow

Bergquist - thanks alot for the comments and support, yes small details will help to see the scale... but I will see if it`s necessary after texturing... I`m figthing between adding details and leaving smooth nice organic surfaces...

aurora - thank you, the texturing is coming soon

Old 12 December 2006   #65
move forward my firend! go, go go
I'm desperate to finish this challenge, and hope to see you there at the end as well
and of course with some masterpiece
good luck, I'll be watching

Old 12 December 2006   #66
Modeling: City in far below

Back on track once again... here is a rought model of the city which can be seen in far below under the ship. I will not go too much in detais.. I will create a module which I will replicate... with few layers of clouds there will be not too much to see of the city.

Old 12 December 2006   #67
My friend hurry up!
city looks nice when I look at it from the distanc, should do it's role.
Waiting for some bigger updates!
good luck

Old 12 December 2006   #68
I really like the looks of your flawship. To save modelling time, you could keep the model of the seventh chamber and its contents relatively simple, hiding the lack of detail with a lot of motion blur. Remember that in the Phantom Menace, ILM was able to use coloured Q-tips for the crowds in the stands when the podracers were zooming by them. I think that your flawship can easily serve as the main focus of your image and animation, and you can get away with blurring out the background.

Best of luck to you!

Old 12 December 2006   #69
Arrow

arturro - thanks my friend.... you know how it is work and christmas rush are not good to find the time to work on challenges and personnal projects. But I will anyway spend the last 15 days on finishings to have something enough good to show and close the challenge. I`m not expecting anything else like to have a nice image in my portfolio
To win contests there is need alot of free time...

vmulligan - thanks alot for the advice, yes it will be a background which will be shown at high speed... and a little lower when the wings will be depolyed. As a limitation of time only the ship will be on focus... all the other things will be just as far environments.

Old 12 December 2006   #70
Shading (Textured and lit): Singularity energy wave

I imagined that the singularity beam must generate also some great energy effects... some kind of aurora borealis. So I have this twisted element which is textured to have all the dark parts transparent. Moved at hi-speed it will be a nice background for my animation and final image.

Old 12 December 2006   #71
Originally Posted by Nomad: Maciej Frolow is entered in the "Eon Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Shading (Textured and lit): Singularity energy wave

This wave looks awasome
Singularity craft is also outstanding. Much progress in this challenge
Good luck with animating it (do you want to animate both???)
-cheers

Old 01 January 2007   #72
Post Effects and Compositing: Singularity slider environment

Next step the environment, I think this is what I expected for the colors. I will now work on the city in the background and add it soon.

I have also refined the cockpit of the ship, it`s now divided in sevral parts and I think we now see the scale of this huge ship.

More to come! C&C are welcome!

Old 01 January 2007   #73
Shading (Textured and lit): 7th chamber city view from above

Here you have the map I`m using for the 7th chamber cities texture and a view from above insde the cylinder. It will serve as background for my ship. You can see also the energy fields from the singularity. Next step will be some final touches and setting up of the simple animation.

Old 01 January 2007   #74
Post Effects and Compositing: 7th chamber city view from above

I need an advice, is the unblurred background version enough readable?
I`m thinking if I have to show the city in far background clear or blurred. By using a focus on a camera it maybe blurred but we have a big distances here so...
Then at final I don`t know what will works best.

Anyway, you can see here a color test of the ship, I think it`s verry close to a final vesion.

Old 01 January 2007   #75
Hi there my friend!
I see you finally did something here my opinion:
1. city looks really great from the top
2. I don't like the big ray, it takes too much of the picture in my opinion. It focuses my attention too much.
3. I prefer not blurry version of the background, but you should try to blur it slightly. For sure not too much

best wishes and good luck!

Thread Closed share thread