Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Maciej Frolow

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2006
Amazing!!! The detail is incredible. Great job!

Keep up the great work!

-Steven

11 November 2006
Arrow

Vicktorious - thx alot for your kind words I still thinking how to improve the front and some ideas starts to arrive... I like the idea of claws... I hope to have soon some time to make the changes.

targus - thank you

TheSoracle - thx, I`ll try to keep this quality

11 November 2006
Modeling: Modeling the way slider

Now the front looks a little better... I will make few improvments, finish the rear and start to work on the texturing.

11 November 2006
The increased edge sharpness on the front does wonders in making it look alot better! I agree adding edge sharpness in select other parts will make it better yet. Just don;t get carried away and sharpen everything, you'll loose that great organic look!

11 November 2006
Shading (Textured and lit): Pearl Texture

Finally some texture... I will try to make all this ship made of some kind of metal but looking like pearl texture. The environnment will be mostly blue as I suppose there will be some atmosphere there where my ship will travel.

11 November 2006
Very hitech and organic modelling
Do you plan to add even more details via bump channel?
Good luck!

11 November 2006
Arrow

aurora - thx for the comment, I`m trying to keep the overall organic look and not refining too much some parts.

taavi - thank you for your comment, yes I will probably add some small details by using bump maps.

I finally modified the front and the result is better than I expected, all this part looks round and dynamic

Last edited by Nomad : 11 November 2006 at 10:57 PM.

11 November 2006
cant wait to see the whole piece together! great models.

11 November 2006
Thumbs up

wow! Last updating, is unreal amazing!))) super!

11 November 2006
Stunning work, love the curves.
Good luck.

11 November 2006
Arrow

DanBird, ArsXC, Slav - thanks alot for the kind words

11 November 2006
Interesting ship.

One crit. I don't think the "pearl" texture really helps it. It almost looks similar to the default material that you had on it before. Perhaps this can be improved.

11 November 2006
At last! I'm here

I love your organic style of modelling. Similar to GSO one. Great in it's uniqueness.
I also like the idea that is behind this ship. The way it works I only dont like one
thing. I can't feel the scale of it. Perhaps it's because lack of textures, but i found two elements which removed could help... here you can see what I mean. Left circle points strange fold. It seems too big for me and rather useless if not disturbing the crew. You may try to remove it. I think that cockpit would be better noticeable. Second circle points frames of the wondows. I think they are also too thick and they stay too far from the window. In my opinion ot could work better thinner and more composed into glass, like in today's fighters, ot WW2 fighters. Still, these are only hot thoughts, those ideas may occur useless if you texture the ship still, I'm counting on you and hope you will finish this in flying colours.

best wishes mate!

ps. Hope to also show something within days

11 November 2006
Arrow

Hello arturro,

Thank you for the kind words and for the comment. You`re right about the scale. I was thinking about a really big ship where the glass part have about 2m of high. But by adding recently this frame which makes the cockpit looking like from WW2 I introduced a misunderstanding for the scale... I have to rethink this part and modify it to look bigger... maybe by adding other windows somwhere else... we`ll see... now my biggest "problem" is how to approach the texturing of this ship... I was thinking to make it like it`s made "in one piece" so no metal plates, no jonctions etc... so it will look more organic... but... I`m still thinking...

Hope to see your entry soon with great art & modeling inside and best wished to you too!

11 November 2006
Cool Organic to Mechanic!

This is lookin really smooth! I'm diggin this organic feel you have!
Idea - I have to say, used in the right places, pieces latching on can be a better use of visually dividing spaces and scale... just like how your wind breaker pieces (the four parts that fold out ward, I think thats what you called em...) attach to the ship, well some of those organic in and out parts could attach as well... small details like latching arms, nuts&bolts, things of this nature really help give a sense of scale, and right now there isn't a lot

But your ship Rocks! Rardcore! I'm really wanting to see where you go with this!

- I've just entered this competition, so hopefully as soon as I get some work finished you'll have a look and let me know what you think. Cheers Mate!

Thread Closed share thread