Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Artur Malczyk

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2006
Arrow

Cześć Artur,

Glad to see you strated modeling, I`m sure 45 days will be enough for you to achieve a cool project It looks already interesting....

Good luck and have fun in doing this

12 December 2006
looking very cool in the moment. i think you have some really unique shapes here. i will watch you progress. keep it up.

12 December 2006
oh this looks alien-esque and very promising! i love it when you see details both on the outer topology and then some on the inside! grrrreat! keep it up!

-rj

12 December 2006
allright

looks pretty cool
I dig your organic look on the buildings
curious to see more

12 December 2006
Really cool style you have going for yourself. Let's see some more!

12 December 2006
Hi there my friends!
Thanks for your support and interest. I hope not to let you down
As I found some time I pushed it forward quite well... will show you
more in a minute!

I'm not responding personally to each of you as it is beginning and
nothing specific need my comment at this point.

thanks again !

12 December 2006
Modeling: next step...

Ok, here is what I did... those hanging cities will by connected with the main cables stream.

Lot of small cables will go from the big structures(from the funny element on the bottom part), than under the main cable stream, of course they will go down to each city as well.

Each floor o fthe city has landing sites for ships. Buildings inside are just boxes and scatter object - greeble plugin is good, but scatter with instanced boxes is better from the computer resources point of view.

12 December 2006
Modeling: more views

just other views

12 December 2006
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: and finally my concept

Ok, here is my idea...

I haven't decided which colors I will use... also I don't know how I will organize lighting... But general idea is clear I think.

In the bottom of the valey there will be dry rivers, bridges, and not too tall structures similar to thistle plants:) I found some nice photos of thistle plants and it inspired me. I'm not sure if Mr. Greg Bear thought about them while writing, but their shape should fit here.

As you can see there is an organic style... It will be much smaller after applying materials of stone and silver. It should look like stone/silver immitation of organic structures :) I hope it will work here!

On the very foreground there are some astronauts. I will add them at the very end. They will be black shadowed as light sources definitely will be inside of the chamber. I don't want to make them easily noticeable.

stay tuned for more updates!

12 December 2006
Hey arturro... your idea is very original and a very nice implementation of it so far... I like the way you interpretted the hanging buildings... good luck on the challenge mate...

My online portfolio

12 December 2006
Modeling: more cables :)

ok, here is what I did today...
more cables. Pictures not very smooth as this all will be seen from the distance

12 December 2006
Modeling: more details

just more shots...

12 December 2006
Modeling: and more

more

12 December 2006
I really like the organic take on the city. My only critique would be that the hanging buildings look a bit bee-hivish. Maybe break up the horizontal lines with a few verticals or work the shape a bit more? Just my two cents. Looking forward to the next update.

12 December 2006
thanks for your critique, I didn't see this before, now I do indeed. But I think that it may dissapear with texturing and general scene setlement. Now there is no feel of scale, weight, etc. I think I won't change them untill put into the chamber with some materials on it. But thanks for your opinion, will take it under consideration later for sure.

Thread Closed share thread