Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Jesus Bibian Jr

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
Originally Posted by Nothingness: ok, so great to be here!

part one of the challenge: FUN FUN FUN

i guess your truck looks much more functional than mine
defenitly like the army-kind of vehicle. Maybe you can work that out some more. I think you could get some nice detail ideas out of the hummer design!

anyway, don't think about what you can do, but about what you want to do, and beat it out of ya!

cheers

Yesss, definitely fun! I just need to work out getting more time to work on this. I can already tell you that getting a vehicle and 2-3 characters finished in 3 months time will be a challenge. Looks like I'm going to have to adopt your sleeping pattern.

About the Hummer, I'll google that and see if I can get some ideas.

10 October 2006
good start jedi;

about uv-mapping, i think it's safer to do modeling first and when it all is finished you do the rest. If you happen te redo a part or piece, you don't loose the work you put into uv-mapping and so.

how did you model the tire? I don't smooth mine cause it already has too much polys. All tires make out most of the polys from the complete truck.

have you tried to model a tire the way i discribed in my thread? It's very fast and easy.

cheers

10 October 2006
@ Nothingness --> Good point. I wouldn't want to do more work than I need to.

For the tires, they were already modeled before your post. I sort of used the same technique, except for the fact that I didn't create a circle and measure. I just played around with the number of duplicates till I got the result I wanted. Thus why it too me longer then it should have. Oh well, live and learn. Btw, when you mention measuring the circle, do you mean with the distance tool in Maya? I don't know since I never really used it.

10 October 2006
yeah,

at the messure tools, you can use the Arc Lenght tool to messure the length of a curve. That way if you have half circle, you can messure distance on the curve itself.

cheers

10 October 2006
Originally Posted by Nothingness: yeah,

at the messure tools, you can use the Arc Lenght tool to messure the length of a curve. That way if you have half circle, you can messure distance on the curve itself.

cheers

Ah, I see. I'm going to have to try that out the next time I model a wheel. But hey, not bad for my very first wheel...no?

10 October 2006
not bad indeed. I learned that doing something gives you much more insight on how you need to do it the next time. Guess that's what experience is all about

10 October 2006
Nice looking wheel. The lugs seem a bit small for such a big wheel? Or is that the perspective casuing that? Good work! Go man go.

10 October 2006
Originally Posted by soapy: Nice looking wheel. The lugs seem a bit small for such a big wheel? Or is that the perspective casuing that? Good work! Go man go.

Thanks soapy.

You know, I was thinking the exact same thing when I rendered it. I guess I'm going to have to go back and enlarge them a bit. Shouldn't be a problem.

10 October 2006
cool start! go go go go!

B-movie

10 October 2006
hi man !
i'm still whaiting to see that car done .
good luck

10 October 2006
@ CgIcecube --> Thanks! I'm going to need all the luck in the world to get this finished on time.

@ OZ --> Thanks OZ. It's not much , but I'm glad you like it.

@ AndreiSzasz --> Yeah, me too. Progress has been very slow. This is my first time designing/modeling a vehicle. I have the back engine area finished, but I think it's really not worth posting as a milestone. I'll wait till after I finish getting the main body of the vehicle somewhat finished before I post anything new.

I promise to post something new this week.

10 October 2006
Great looking wheel and truck. It will be a great pic with that kind of realistic vehicle in front of the endlessness of the seventh chamber - cool concept!

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

10 October 2006
Oh No!

Jedi-juice

Just had a look at your thread and both our vehicles are VERY similar!!! Send me a PM when you get a chance and we'll try and work something out... if we both change our designs a bit I think we should be able to hide any distinct simularities?

Think we've both been using the same images of the net.... That'll teach me for using 'Google' for reference material!

Secret Agent Challenge - WIP
EON Challenge - WIP

10 October 2006
@ Gunilla --> Thanks for the compliment. Depending on how things go, I might not get to modeling the chamber. My goal is to get the vehicle, Patricia, Lanier, and part of the surrounding environment modeled into the scene. I'd also like to model Farley, but at my current rate...I don't think that will happen. I'm basically going for a "conceptual 3d model" scene, sort of a model diorama.

Originally Posted by steven-pendrous: Jedi-juice

Just had a look at your thread and both our vehicles are VERY similar!!! Send me a PM when you get a chance and we'll try and work something out... if we both change our designs a bit I think we should be able to hide any distinct simularities?

Think we've both been using the same images of the net.... That'll teach me for using 'Google' for reference material!

Don't worry about it Steven. Your design looks more like a Snowcat anyway. I didn't want to make my model look too Snowcat-like. I'm trying to give mine more of a military-type look to it. Besides, I only need to replace the rear bar for something else.

Thread Closed share thread