Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Cyril Taussat

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2006   #46
Ooo, character sketches. Nice. I like your starting model of the city, as simple as it is, I love the perspective and lighting already .

Old 10 October 2006   #47
Hey Jedi-Juice, you're definitly right for the tube's higher, i've saw same things about it, but i think that, good worked, this tube can be a great architectural element to cut the break point of the perspective.
Of course, it's equivalent of saying i'll take some liberties with the original script.

TheSoracle thanks mate. Perspective was deformed with an eyefish cam, and for the lightning...it's just a diffuse light

Old 10 October 2006   #48
Modeling: Library

Hi all ;)

Even if i've made some testing for the scientists bootcamp, i think and i'm sure that the city of Alexandrie wiil be more impressive than the camp. As i work in architectural viewing, i'm too more clean and ok with a city than a desertic DOF. So, i introduced you the DISCOVERING ALEXANDRIE project !! (trumpets please... :scream: ) which will be my concept on this challenge.
And As i've already the composition, i've begin the modeling ! :bounce: (my favorite part)

So here the first modeling WIP of this challenge for me, on the library. ;)

Old 10 October 2006   #49
lil' close up

Old 10 October 2006   #50
hey SweD,

nice updates here.

i was thinking, i remeber in the book patricia noticed - when going to the first library - that at a lot of stores and buildings the name or story was written in different languages. Maybe something interesting to play with?

just an idea, you know.

keep up the good work

Old 10 October 2006   #51
oh man, Nico, this is a great info you got here, I've missed this detail ! (really don't remember ). Thanks for this add, and for support

Old 10 October 2006   #52
Hey Ciryl,

i'm not sure if it was the library, but i remember that it was on the stores in the first city she visited.
It was when she noticed that all the windows was shattered - maybe a nice detail too - and summoned the languages.

cheers

Old 10 October 2006   #53
Much originality in the design... a bit of Art Déco... good to see... I like much... continue like that Cyril

Old 10 October 2006   #54
Yeah i like it me too

Old 10 October 2006   #55
heyhé ! thanks both friends ! hope this original style can be ok with the retro futuristic style from the rest of the building...and vehicules !
Thanks for always support

Old 10 October 2006   #56
really cool! I like your design of the library. I'm having the hardest time on mine. The design of the skyline is also looking good. Keep this up, Swe!

-Espen

Insanity is just an overflow of imagination

Old 10 October 2006   #57
Great details on the pillars. Loving your concept so far, really nice. I like the lighting too lol, even if it still is early.

Old 10 October 2006   #58
Heya Cyril ...

Full modeling speed as I see .... the details are great and the design really pleasant and original ...

Just can't wait for more ...

cheers ,

-Zapan

"One today is worth two tomorrows"
-Benjamin Franklin-

Old 10 October 2006   #59
beautiful work! I like all the detail and effort you put into your projects! Research is very important when I do any work and it looks like you do the same.

Cant wait to see more

I wish i could help more but I have not read the book.

Old 10 October 2006   #60
Cool job! I wish you all the good luck and I´ll be watching to your progress

Thread Closed share thread