Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Stefan Morrell

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
This last concept looks very cool and promising. I think it´s one of the best representation of one chamber looks like. Good luck to you I´ll be watching to the progress!!

10 October 2006
Go with the 3rd Concept

I'd say the 3rd concept conveys best the images described by the book. Nice composition too.

A biut gutted, because yours is pretty similar to the concept sketch I'm currently working on, but far far better. Will have to rethink my ideas.

Nice style BTW, which software used for concepts?

10 October 2006
hey stefan, cool sketches, which chambers are those?...waiting for more

10 October 2006
Cool third concept !

10 October 2006
Originally Posted by Stefan-Morrell: Concept003

Stefan,

I really like this one and it's actually a near identical mental image I had of Alexandria. Obviously this is just a quick test, but I think with some atmosphere/fog...you could really sell this one. Great job!

10 October 2006
looking pretty interesting stefan! keep it up

10 October 2006
Daniel & Ryan ,heh.,I imagine there will be a lot of that,we're all working to the same design brief so there's an inevitability about ideas being shared.
I've been wanting to make a city in a cylinder since reading Arthur C. Clarkes 'Rama' books..Eon certainly offers plenty of ideas along that line.

not sure about the plasma tube though...I might look for ways to avoid seeing that..or present it at least in a way that it isn't so overwhelming.

so those are very early doodles,made in Photoshop by painting over 3d geometry..
the first is meant to be a library,
the second ..I think I'd been looking at too many Stephan Martiniere images

the 3rd..I like the idea of seeing such a massive amount of land...might try & work with that...but also bring in some larger foreground elements...I want the viewer to be immersed in the city & not looking down from so far away.

I'm also toying with the idea of making a vehicle..there's some interesting mentions of 6 wheeled ATV type trucks in the book.

the 3rd chamber sounds impressive too..this one could offer some very dark imagery.....machineland

10 October 2006
2 and 3 seem hot to me. The first not as much, good luck!

10 October 2006
THe first one seems a bit like a library, and that's gotta be really hot to get the book on the upper shelve,ha,ha.
really like that last one.Really curious for the suite.
Have fun!!!

10 October 2006
All I can say is Whoa! These concepts are all amazing. Personally, I like the second two the best, but it is up to you. Great job on this project so far. Keep up the great work

10 October 2006
That's looking great stefen. I think there was some SIGGRAPH paper on creating procedural cities. I don't know if it would help, but I'll try to find it and put the link up.

But anyway, I like the atmosphere, both visual and 'feeling' that is in your concept piece.

Kudos!

10 October 2006
i like the second one stefan, would really compliment your style I think. the third one is great too-maybe it needs lots of stuff flying around in that big space.

10 October 2006
Great concept paintings dude.I'm jealouse!

10 October 2006
OMG , those are just wonderful ... I would vote for the first one .... for the mood .... and also for the third because it's wow ... errr , can't decide ...

awesomeness

cheers ,

-Zapan

"One today is worth two tomorrows"
-Benjamin Franklin-

10 October 2006
The 3rd concept is the best! Is one of the best concept so far I have seen in the competition!

Thread Closed share thread