Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Gunilla Elam

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2007
Wow Gunilla! It looks wonderful. I love that animation. So do all the engineers - we're having a bit of reunion (it's a bit noisy around here). And I showed them your high res details and they love them too. I'm talking standing ovation. And stamping of feet. And singing. And throwing stuff. Expensive stuff. Got to do something about their levels of enthusiasm.

But seriously, I've really enjoyed your thread from start to this delightful finish. I love the scientific subtleties and humour throughout - those birdies rock! Lots of cheering from me for that walking alien too. Superb, and such a realistic animated walk. And those little flying spy cams - so cool.

As for going for high res, that seems to me to be the sign of a fine piece of modeling and texturing if it looks good at that size.

You'd get the idea by now that I love your finished scene. Now for the matter of a couple of dozen drunk and exuberant engineers. They love your scene too. And in the next challenge they want to work for you over there in Stockholm.

01 January 2007
Final Render: The trespasser

It has come to the Authoritys knowledge that someone is illegally hunting the rare birds in the abandoned wildlife reserve in the sixth chamber.
They have sent a team of camcopters to fugure out what's going on.

Story and scene loosely based on Greg Bears EON

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

01 January 2007
Mathias - thank you and good luck to you too

Mark - lol! Thanks for giving me constant support and a lot of giggles throughout the challenge
And as for the engineers ... well... could you give them the message that even if I'm really flattered I have a feeling they will not enjoy the climate here and are much better off staying with you
I know I would have a hard time controlling them - heck, I know how hard I have to control myself through this

So folks, I guess this is it then - thank you everyone that have been showing interest and given such good advice on this one. Good luck in finishing for those that haven't yet - and good luck for the voting of the jury

Demoreel

01 January 2007
Morning Gunie!

Oh, you've already made your final steps! Just saw and enjoyed your close-ups, you've really made a great job again with the texturing ...don't know what I love more, the owner of the glowing veins or these cute, furry birdies...
And the animation is well done, very good and much more than showing that this is 3d modeling ...as always you've managed to make something very unique and you succeeded in telling your own story...

All in one: Excellent work and much cheering from me! Congratulations!

-sabrina

01 January 2007
Sabie said that before... but as always... a result very "Gunilla"... each details are very original and very imaginative... that make the difference

and to have the movie wich give the life to this incredible universe, it's truly the cherry on the cake... like it much... congrats honey

I hope to be able to see soon the fantastic birds... maybe flying (as stones...)

Kisses...

01 January 2007
Hey Gunilla,

Congrats on finishing , uhh, I am just starting basically so I envy you. You have done another very interesting image and good luck . Hope to be more active next challenge.

01 January 2007
Sabie - thanks! And thanks for always being such good support and advisor. This time it was really hard to finish I think - the last weeks made me loos interest in this but I'm glad I made that final step and wrapped it up. Good luck for you for the jury

Lolo - haha, yes - this time definitely more "Gunilla" than EON for sure... ah well, it was fun any way. And as for the birds flying - I don't think they can, but perhaps they can dance?
thank you dear for being such good advisor and friend

Mike - thank you and good luck in finishing!

So, for anyone that may still wonder what I've been doing here - I decided quite early that if I was going to make this I had to make a story of my own for it. No offence to Mr Bear but I just didn't feel like being faithful to the concept and book. I finished just because I hate to leave things unfinished but this has clearly have to be seen as an "beside the guidelines" entry.
I had a lot of fun playing with this

Demoreel

01 January 2007
Itīs been a pleaure as always to see your image progress
gotta love those birds... Lycka till Gunilla!

01 January 2007
Cool

cool animation Gunie and just to say based on eon novel or not I like ur work and you rock

01 January 2007
Mona - hi there and thanks for liking my furry friends (not so surprised)

Tony - thanks a lot and you rock too

Demoreel

01 January 2007
Heh Gunnie. Sorry for my nonexisting avatar around here during this challenge.
OMG, your entry is... is... is... ah, canīt find the right word. I just like it, he he.
Good luck.

01 January 2007
Hi Gunie! good luck with your original proposal!!

02 February 2007
Congratulations on the final!

The most unusual image in this contest. Came out very good, dude! Good luck!

02 February 2007
Very intriguing entry. You went your own way, but sometimes that's the best way to go. Nice job!

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

Last edited by fifty3dragons : 02 February 2007 at 02:41 PM.

02 February 2007
Hi there!
truly different from others, but it's good. It has it's style and it follows it. COngratulations that you've finished on time!

Thread Closed share thread