Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Cyril Taussat

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2007
Modeling: Patricia Rigging

Hi all,
hard to find free time to finish Eon !!
I've made rigging of patricia, rest only the hair, and after that, post work on the 3d still.
I have to put her in animation, and finish !!
See you for the final stage.

01 January 2007
Hey Cyril,

I really like the lighting and architecture of your city scape . The Patricia character looks good but I am thinking darker hair would be better. Cool stuff and I look forward to the final image.

01 January 2007
Post Effects and Compositing: Composition Changing

hi again here,
after doing some test with final files, i was disapointed by the small height of character and vehicle in the final still. So ridiculous.
So i've made some search and create another level in the picture.
Here a compotest, with elements in lowres, (sorry)and without final 3d render. Just to see if composition bring me satisfaction. I've made some overpaint under the station plane, to markup work to do to give her a real depth.

C&C welcome of course

01 January 2007
fantastic! I SAID! F A N TA S T I C! ...the hi level give more "power" to the image! looks like we are with the character looking to the library!! You heve a winner imae in your hands!

B-movie

01 January 2007
Arrow

Woooow! great improvments, I like the last changes done to the roads. Good work

Good luck in the last days/steps

01 January 2007
Mike, thanks a lot for your kind words and stopping here.
Here is the no-haire version, and i think put hair directly in photoshop. Have some difficulties to realise great loft hairs so wait and see

Fabio,
I don't know if it's a winner image, but i't make me proud to read such things. Anyway, it's really time to finish, needs holidays....
thanks a lot friend.

Maciej, glad you like. some improvments to do on general ambiance, and final still in some days.

01 January 2007
Hi there dude! itīs coming along G R E A and T .

but... this road on the left ...mmmmmmm... bothers me a little bit. I think loses perspective cause it seems that this road "goes out" from the vehicle, d you know what I mean?

What if you change the direction of this left road?

One thing more... those bright white lights on the foreground...I think...too many bright lights...donīt know...

For the rest, cool!bravo!

01 January 2007
Shading (Textured and lit): Foreground close up

hi again friends,

here the final render for the foreground :) a little render close up for fun. Now, some work on city textures for being in same spirit, always try to obtein a kind of comicbook render :)

01 January 2007
what to say... beautiful

01 January 2007
Post Effects and Compositing: Global Lightning

hi all,

After a global optimize, here the near full scene. Just some things to add again, but spirit is here. I've worked the light to have a kind of sunset lightning, not the night but end of the day with backligthning.
Global work on photoshop is just to give picture a comics effect. From start i want to have a kind of comics style with working the shader, and now working the post-effect. I think i'm close now.
Some adjustments to do, with my last render in king size, and warm up the wacom !

Last edited by SweD : 01 January 2007 at 10:20 AM.

01 January 2007
Hey Cyril,

... ... !!

as you can see I'm a little speechless about the last updates...the scene is amazing, not much to add...I'm looking forward now to see your final steps!

-sabrina

01 January 2007
Gonzalo, my friend who has always good advice.
(except the banana........ ) I've move the left road, and down the second one, with DOF it could be cool for sens of depth, thanks.
I've down the highlight of spot on foreground too.
Some change still to do on modeling and colors.

hey hey Sabrina !
some little updates, only for suspens, (lol) and final step comes.
This week end i make the animation too...even if challenge's end is the 31th, i'm forced to finish 28th evening, caus' professionnal stuff, mayber can i take some hour monday...but not too much.
i take a rest when i'll be dead....

01 January 2007
looking real good! 2 things that bug me right now because that's immediately where my eye is drawn and there's nothing there: the big empty deck space in the middle plan - way too empty, shiny and pink and what's that white empty space on the right - I'm guessing you're still going to fill it with something?! also it's a tiny bit strange that those signs in the bg are so visible - the green numbers I mean - are they supposed to be lit?!

All in all I like your concept a lot - especially the vehicle and look forward to the finished product

01 January 2007
Hey swed,

Great job you've done here. But why should you reduce the contrast on the foreground? Ain't it better to keep an high contrast on foreground and lower contrast on background? A bit like in the latest image. It gives a bit of depth-feeling this way. And I think you should watch the dof, it could easily ruin the scene, but can also improve it. Tweeeak it!

Keep it up!
Nils

01 January 2007
Post Effects and Compositing: the first walkthrough ! stage 01

Hi all, here the first stage for the final still. Just a walkthrough for the composition.

*rendering animation*
:p

Thread Closed share thread