Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Tomasz Klejne

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

10 October 2006
Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Tomasz Klejne

Tomasz Klejne is entered in the "Eon Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Post Effects and Compositing: Eon Structure
  10 October 2006
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: First Concept, 2nd chamber

Should be a fun competition :)

I havn't read the book yet, but I did my best to catch up with the reading, someone plz let me know if I get a critical detial wrong.
  10 October 2006
haha! beleive me I don't care, but it's funny how everyones concept of chamber 2 is the same. Good luck to you.
  10 October 2006
"it's funny how everyones concept of chamber 2 is the same"

really? I was worried about this. I acutaly had an idea to do a scene like this long before I even heard of book EON and this challange.

well it is a first concept, might end up doing something competly different, who knows.
  10 October 2006
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Concept 2

Well, here's another concept :), this one was a lot of fun to make, any better then the first?
  10 October 2006
I'm sure this already occured to you but a reflection on the inside of the helmet of the characters face expressing his emotion would be an amazing detail! Good luck.
**** EON ****

The Journey Begins

My CG Society Portfolio
  10 October 2006
Second concept looks great - I think you should go with it. And with Crins suggestion it could become really cool. Good luck!

WIP: Anatomy

10 October 2006
Thanks guys, and thanks Crin for the awesome suggestion.

Hopfully my 3d trees will be better looking then my 2d ones
  10 October 2006
I like the second concept better too. The circles within circles composition nicely echoes the worlds within worlds theme. I am looking forward to seeing this image fill out. Good luck.
  10 October 2006
The second one looks much better I think to.
  10 October 2006
Modeling: Forest Test

Well, here's a go at creating a forrest using PFlow :)

And thanks for the comments!
  10 October 2006
great work on the forrest!

about the seond concept: how about getting a little reflection of the face of the character? In a way there should be a little reflection i think. Unless you're avoiding the modeling and such from a face.

I'm not a computerfreak!! but a freak with a computer!
And I'm not afraid to use it!
  10 October 2006
Hey, thanks, its on the to do list, your acutaly the second person to methon that :P, I'm probbly not that skilled at human flaces but If I have time I think it would be a great addition to the image. Plus what better way to get good at face modeling.

It's really good how people in this forum are willing to help and share ideas dispite being in competition with one another, thats why I've always seen these challanges more of a learning experenice then a competition.
  10 October 2006
nice concept, and i really like tree's what's the polycount of the spruce?
EnjoyCG.com :: Community & free 3ds max tutorials.

10 October 2006
348 tris for the spruce, there all about that, I'm gonna render these trees and map them on planes for the distant ones to reduce polycouts some more, polycount increase quite rapidly with this sort of thing.
Thread Closed share thread