Eon (3D Scene) Entry: andre richter

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2006
Eon (3D Scene) Entry: andre richter

andre richter is entered in the "Eon Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Shading (Textured and lit): olmy haircut

11 November 2006
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: frant designs

i was working some times on the challenge, but i didn´t know if i will enter here.
so now i will try my best. hope i can finish my entry this time ;-)
this are the early sketches of the frant.
yes, i will try me on the scene were Olmy and a Frant meet Patricia.
first of all i will concentrate on the charakters then i will build up the scene.
good luck to all entrants...

11 November 2006
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: another frant sketch

here is an sketch from the body. looking funny to me ;-)
but later i decided to make him more like a human...

11 November 2006
Modeling: modelling frant

so here is the 3d model of him. i really tryed out some shapes of the sketches i did, but after tweeking the mesh and looking at the proportions i came up with this... ;-)

11 November 2006
sweet concept sketches. I really love the cute version all the way to the right in the sketch of the profiles.

Great model. My only crit is that he looks too serious and angry. I've always imagined the Frants to be more cheerful and happy, like in your profile sketches. It's your call though.

Good work!

11 November 2006
thx nakaikoi i know what you mean. maybe later he will get a little smile from me.

11 November 2006
Shading (Textured and lit): first frant texture

here is a first texture test of the frant. the textures are handpainted in bodypaint. i also did some hair like the sketch...

11 November 2006
hey your frant is really kewl and modeling is clean ! i like the deformation of his head and global shape !
Good luck to you MacAndre

11 November 2006
the deformation of the head was really a challenge for me . i did saveral modifikations and i find it hard to come to an result with balanced proprotions. thx for your reply SweD.

11 November 2006
Modeling: head wire

here is a wire and a closer look at the head...
in the moment there is only a color and a bump map with a little sss. but i think i´am not finish. i will decide if i will add some more details when i have the composition of the image (scene)...

12 December 2006
Nice looking topology on the Frant! He looks a little too human for my tastes, but that's just me. Looking forward to see how he turns out in the end.

12 December 2006
Hey ! Nice job Andre ! The frant looks cool. More human. Your texturing skills are great !
Keep the good work !

12 December 2006
@ gpepper and Jedi-Juice: i know the frant looks like a human, but i think i will keep this concept. maybe i will do some more tweeking.

12 December 2006
Modeling: fant cloth

i made some cloth for the frant. i keep it very simple, but i think that fit good to him ;-)
the textures of the cloth are not final. will add some dirt and some graphics i think...

12 December 2006
Shading (Textured and lit): cloth closer look

here is a closer look. and i add some eyes...

Thread Closed share thread