Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Michael Harvey

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
Eon (3D Scene) Entry: Michael Harvey

Michael Harvey is entered in the "Eon Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Shading (Textured and lit): lighting adjustment, small details added.

10 October 2006
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: First Concept

This is my first idea of what I'd like to do. The bridge will change and become much more complex etc. Anyways, first concept. Cheers.

10 October 2006
hey very cool that you made your pre viz in 3d! Might I suggest a slight camera change? it you move up and closer to the bridge you could make a more interesting composition. I'm thinking that your close to the bridge, it starts in the bottom left amd goes into the scene. does that make sence?

www.agentfx.com

10 October 2006
Hey,

Yeah that makes sense, thanks for the idea! By the way, I actually painted that with a mouse! Took ages :/

Cheers

10 October 2006
Hi Gringer!sorry for the delay, I had completely overlooked I had a msg!
I like it and the comment about the camera is probably true. That's a decision you can take later, anyway.
You will need lots of depth of field and I would suggest maybe a more, slightly unnatural sky? Although I haven't read carefully the bit of the book about this, so maybe I'm wrong.
I like it because it's futuristic but a bit close to reality and to earthly landscapes, so it's sci-fi but anchored to reality and believable.
I'll come and check the updates!

3D modeler/3D generalist/texture artist

London UK

site: www.monicataddei.com

10 October 2006
our first is already an advanced idea.

I didn't no if you were jokking, if not you're really skillful with your mouse.
The zorro of the mouse.

Great start anyway.
David.

10 October 2006
Hey,

hehe yeah after reading your post and looking at other peoples initial ideas, I think I should have started more simply. I got carried away creating it I guess. There shall be an update on the weekend.

Good luck everyone!

Cheers

10 October 2006
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Concept development

Here is an update of my idea. There is going to be a drastic lighting change as well as more refinement in the infrastructure. I think I'll make the plasma beam like a 'sun' in that it is a primary light source. I think one or two more tweaks to this image then I'll start on modeling.

Cheers :D

10 October 2006
Wow! Great concept and so much detaills . Good luck !

10 October 2006
Thanks,

I'm really interested to see how you develop your idea.

Cheers

10 October 2006
Nice Concept

Originally Posted by gringer: Michael Harvey is entered in the "Eon Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Concept development

I noticed your sketch is the only one to use the PLASMA TUBE. I'm working on some sketchs for the 6th chamber; I;m chapter 14th. This looks like it could be Thistletown. Good lcuk.

10 October 2006
Hey Michael,

Your sketch is looking good and I am sure this will help out with your modeling . Maybe you could hint at some terrain and buildings on the top part of the chamber behind the sky if you know what I mean, just a thought.
Good luck .

Mike

10 October 2006
Hey!

Yeah, that's what I planned on doing... adding terrain and trees, building on to the curved wall in the background. Thanks for the comment!

Cheers

10 October 2006
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: concept update

I've added a coupling thing to the beam as well as vegetated the cylinder in the background. I will put much more time into the design of this coupling thingy. I'll either do one more edition of this pic or I'll start modeling now. There will be big lighting change as well as some other enhancments etc.

Cheers.

10 October 2006
Originally Posted by gringer:

I've added a coupling thing to the beam as well as vegetated the cylinder in the background. I will put much more time into the design of this coupling thingy. I'll either do one more edition of this pic or I'll start modeling now. There will be big lighting change as well as some other enhancments etc.

Cheers.

the changes look good. the coupling could use more detail, but the vision is coming together nicely.

Thread Closed share thread