CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Eon (Illustration)
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 01-15-2007, 01:15 AM   #16
FractalRene
Veteran
portfolio
Rene Valencia-Arellano
Guatemala, Guatemala

Send a message via MSN to FractalRene
Final composite and colour timing: Any colour you like...

This is the second to last step in the journey. Here I`m making the color adjustments in Photoshop. Basically I`m playing around with layers and blending modes and with the hue control to obtain the look that I want.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:35 AM   #17
Ivy00
working on it...

portfolio
Linda Smith
na
United States

if you are going from left to right I like the one on the bottom left, though it makes her hair to red I think. I am guessing that is a hologram , the thing that looks like a chunk of ice? are you going to put an image in it that she will be looking at? I think it might more clearly define it if you do.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:20 AM   #18
FractalRene
Veteran
portfolio
Rene Valencia-Arellano
Guatemala, Guatemala

Final Image: Final Render...

My setting of the story is on a dystopia. I went for the cyberpunk/anime look for my illustration and Patricia is the heroine of the tale.

Here we see Patricia in her lab, isolated from everything... trying to figure out what the asteroid really is.

I made her use glasses to emphasize her concentration (and because the reflections look cool). The blue flood of light is based on what that color represents: the confidence, strenght, technology and idealism.

Patricia`s hair color is a blend of different tones of red to represent the strenght, energy and leadership.

On the roof I added a kabbalah as an evolution metaphor (according to the kabbalistic cosmology, the tree of life corresponds to ten levels of creation), over Patricia`s head are the top most sephiras or states that represent the sublimest; what is completely incomprehensible to man (kether). The understanding (binah) and the wisdom (chokhmah).

As a final touch, I added some depth of field to center the focus on Patricia`s eyes... the human side slowly emerging over the science (the glasses).

Understanding is a human skill, not scientific.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:55 PM   #19
FractalRene
Veteran
portfolio
Rene Valencia-Arellano
Guatemala, Guatemala

waiting...

Well, greetings to everybody. This is my first challenge and I learned a lot from it, can't wait to start working on the next one.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:55 PM   #20
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread