Eon (Illustration) Entry: William Craig

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2007
I have to admit, when the previous image was posted I didn't really know where you were going with this, but now it's starting to come together. Very interesting concept, keep up the good work!

01 January 2007
interesting concepts going..ill be honest the lime green made me click here good luck with the final!!

-Eon Link-
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?postid=4109615

01 January 2007
Initial color pass or textured and lit model: missing something

I would like to detail a little of the foreground and add some clouds. Any comments welcomed, especially how to add a little more richness in color as well as anything else.

01 January 2007
Final composite and colour timing: details

I guess I'm just going to keep adding details until times up.

01 January 2007
impressive design on those buildings! I wonder what kind of color scheme you'll have here? Good luck and keep it up man!

01 January 2007
Final composite and colour timing: foreground clouds and color

I am still workin on the color palette, and the foreground details but I have been meaning to do some clouds in the foreground. I hope its effective.

01 January 2007
hey Will... great building... I dont really like the clouds that much... look like fog more than clouds (maybe because they are too scattered like a fractal texture)... keep on it..

My online portfolio

01 January 2007
Just dropping in with a note agreeing with icedeyes: The clouds don't really read as real clouds, just a mist covering up the image. I could see using more "solid" clouds - maybe you could hand-paint something - or using more fog to emphasize the far distance.

And to echo Ranath, are you planning on much more color in this piece or is this it? No offense, but it's feeling a bit bland. I really liked the earlier strong swath of color that the organic center to the main building provided.

I do like what you've done with the park on the foreground platform.
Good luck with the rest!

01 January 2007
criticism

Thanks for the crit guys. I will try making the clouds a little more solid, because I do want them, but I will try to make them more of a less intrusive element. They were handpainted but my 2d skills are not the greatest. I am going to continue adding color, because that is the consensus, and I agree. I might try to add some color to the metal organic in the center of the main bldg, as well as overall. I do appriciate all of your comments.

01 January 2007
Final composite and colour timing: more details

I repainted the clouds. I am not a natural cload painter but I think these might be a little more extraterestrial and less obscurring. I used upper atmosphere clouds as a template. I am still working on more color and more individual window type details.

01 January 2007
Wow, this is shaping out very nice !

Really, when I looked at your first updates I didn't know what to make out of it! Now I see where you are going, and I like what I see!

I like the composition, the fact that the main building is not centred, giving a bit space to the background inner cylinder curve. And I like your subtle colours!

Very nice!

Steampunk (Video)
Musi panels: A, B, C

01 January 2007
Final composite and colour timing: detail

Close up of chandelier building.

01 January 2007
Final Image: Final

This is my interpretation of the second chamber city, Alexandria. I developed the image around the description of buildings being like chandeliers. In life, itís architecture that is my passion. This is my first fantasy-science fiction image, and itís been tremendously fun. I have tried to make the scale coherent through out the piece. The building is about 4 kilometers and the curve of the city is from a cylinder 50 km in diameter and 30 km wide, with a little camera distortion.
Thanks to everybody that left me comments and critiques. It would not have turned out as well as it has without them. I learned a lot about what I donít know.

01 January 2007
I like this image a lot!
You did a good job on it, not bad at all ! And you say it's your first image of this kind? Nee...

Steampunk (Video)
Musi panels: A, B, C

02 February 2007
Cool

congratulations Will! really love the details n compostion! very good futuristic look! wishing u the very best of luck buddy! cheers!

Thread Closed share thread