Eon (Illustration) Entry: Raine Kuusi

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2007   #31
The fifth chamber is the one with the , rainbow colored hematite, black obsidian, arches, twisted type causeways , pyramids, quick silver rivers , rust colored valleys and waterfalls?

Not sure if that is the fifth, anyway I would love to see someone do justice to that chamber.

Here is a link to a reference photo of rainbow hematite

bleh dont' know how to get rid of the blue,( edit: I meant the blue on the link , but I see it posted as white) anyway hope it helps a bit, good luck the sketch is looking great

Last edited by Ivy00 : 01 January 2007 at 10:20 PM.

Old 01 January 2007   #32
Hi Raine,

Nice composition and lighting. The textures are starting to surface as well, so keep up the goodwork really cant wait to see your next update mate!

raffy

my EON entry

The Mercenary

Old 01 January 2007   #33
Thumbs up

dude i hope u stick with this concept this is simply mindblowing!

the mood .. colour .. lighting .. depth .. good grief! theres so much!

everything rocks buddy! pls finish this ASAP mate ... theres 10 days left

i really wanna c this complete! amazing work ma friend!

good luck as always!

god bless!

Old 01 January 2007   #34
norberg - thanks, I was really more concerned about what the characters would be doing down there..

Ivy00 - that's too bad if you think my concept doesn't do justice to the 5th chamber. I do my best but apparently I'm still quite far from it - I thought I had gotten it all apart from the pyramids which I don't really see what they would be doing down there so I left them out :(

idyeaah - thanks - I'll try to get updates as soon as possible!

nwiz25 - wow man, thanks!! 10 is enough it's luxury, even. At school we have always 2 days or something for our works.. and I always do them the last night

Old 01 January 2007   #35
Ivy00 - that's too bad if you think my concept doesn't do justice to the 5th chamber.

Raine, knowing Linda, and as I read her post I think that what she meant is that she is happy that someone is painting the fifth chamber (the one with the minerals), given that (as far as I recall at least) yours is the only 'in progress' work on that specific subject... (having to communicate in a foreign language adds to the difficulty of the challenge, IMHO).

I just wish to add that this one is way my favored of your concept for the chamber, I can't wait to see your final

Old 01 January 2007   #36
Quote: Ivy00 - that's too bad if you think my concept doesn't do justice to the 5th chamber. I do my best but apparently I'm still quite far from it - I thought I had gotten it all apart from the pyramids which I don't really see what they would be doing down there so I left them out :(

To repeat what Thaldir said, I am GLAD to see someone doing the 5th chamber. My post was not meant to be critical to you. I was fascinated when I read about the 5th chamber in the book and am GLAD to see someone taking it on.

Quote: I tried to really get the rainbow colors here without making this look like jungle.

The image I posted for you as reference was only because in an earlier post you stated you were having a bit of trouble with the rainbow hematite.

I am sorry if I offended you in some way by my post and tried to be helpful by posting a reference image.

Old 01 January 2007   #37
Very nice concept !

I like very much the composition, colour scheme and mood! I hope it will end up in a beautiful image.

Sasha
EON

Old 01 January 2007   #38
oh, not at all, not offended at all. But thanks for clearing it up, I still try to improve the storytelling here anyway.

musi - thanks.. trying to work on it tonight.

Old 01 January 2007   #39
Final composite and colour timing: Changes

Ok so I put some details to the background and changed the design a bit. Now I'm starting on the characters. Time is on my side.

Old 01 January 2007   #40
wow, the deadline day. I'll need to get to work!

Old 01 January 2007   #41
Great work!

Old 01 January 2007   #42
Line Art / Model: lineart

I didn't do lineart so this is best I've got.

Old 01 January 2007   #43
Final Image: The Fifth Chamber

"The fifth chamber was darker than the others. A canopy of flat gray clouds painted the cylinder’s upper atmosphere, cutting out half the robe light. Beneath the clouds was a Wagnerian landscape of barren mountains, resembling ragged lumps of anthracite mixed with dark-rainbowed hematite. Between the mountains were rusty abyssal valleys, cut by waterfalls feeding into quicksilver rivers. The mountains toward the middle of the chamber floor were startling in their contortions-arches, giant rugged cubes, broken-tipped pyramids and causeways of irregular slab steps.

“What in hell was this?” she asked.

“A kind of open pit mine, we think. Our two geologist's-you met Robert Smith, he’s one-speculate that when the chambers were hollowed out, the fifth wasn’t finished off. They left it for raw material. And the Stoners used it. These are the scars.”

“Perfect for fans of old horror movies,” Patricia said. “Can’t you just see Castle Dracula here?”"

I did not have the chance to read the book, which was really unfortunate. I had school for most of the time, and could not afford the time. So I had to take one of the chapters provided by the "inspiration" -section of the contest. But I think this piece is quite close to what I felt when I read the description.

I imagined something of "Exploring of the 5th chamber" and what it might have been like to walk through one of those valleys.

Old 02 February 2007   #44
HI Ranath.

Awesome work. Weird place.

Congratulation with final pic.

Old 02 February 2007   #45
huge epic moody piece and brought masterly to its final. kick ass work mate, congrats on your great finish. best of luck on the finals and see ya next challenge keep on rockin!

Thread Closed share thread