Eon (Illustration) Entry: Raine Kuusi

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2007   #16
Concept Art: Concept

So here's the concept art for the previous image. It's better than the one above because of the loose quality to it. I'll try to fix it for the updated version too.

Old 01 January 2007   #17
Initial color pass or textured and lit model: Details

More details. Tried to make it more loose at the same time. I have a bad feeling about this..

Old 01 January 2007   #18
I really like the atmosphere!!!Bring in some more details maybe on the first character maybe.something like him:her with a torch directed on the ground and some light on is:her face.
Good luck for the last run!!!

Old 01 January 2007   #19
very nice progress, comes along mysterious and dark, love the mood. as for the exporers, i think a bit lesser of them would make the feel of "lost in the dark" stronger, like a small group of 4 or 5 of them exploring a huge scary miner environment. either way, very cool work, looking forward to your next update! best of luck on the final run

Old 01 January 2007   #20
hey thanks a lot guys! I'm afraid I kinda bricked this one and I actually once again did a new concept, hope to get the sketch uploaded tonight. I improved the composition and tried to get more of the "lost in the dark" mood as was suggested. Kinda like the idea of "exploring the worlds withing worlds" -thing or something..

I'm not entirely sure if there has to be the "EON" text somewhere in the final piece? Any idea guys?

Old 01 January 2007   #21
very nice! the colors really set the mood in this one!! good luck with the final render!!

-Eon Link-
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?postid=4109615

Old 01 January 2007   #22
Hey Ranath I dont think you need eon text anywhere in the final piece... This is looking great by the way, best of luck finishing!

Old 01 January 2007   #23
Nice atmosphere on this. Keep polishing for as long as you can!
And no, nowhere in teh rules does it say you have to have the word 'Eon' or any other words in your image.

-mike

Old 01 January 2007   #24
HFIx, thanks!

Nathan - thanks for the information! Good luck to you too if you're entering

walrus - thanks to you too for the info, knowing that will help a lot cos I don't have to worry about layouts or anything. I'm starting over now and will probably work this week straight without any sleep to get it done.. but man's gotta do what a man gotta do or something, right ? :P

Old 01 January 2007   #25
Well, I think the lesson is "A man's got to start a little earlier for a three and a half month long Challenge," but hey, whatever works for you!

-mike

Old 01 January 2007   #26
Originally Posted by walrus: Well, I think the lesson is "A man's got to start a little earlier for a three and a half month long Challenge," but hey, whatever works for you!

-mike

believe me, this works for me fine - tested at school so many times

Old 01 January 2007   #27
Thumbs up

wow!!
I really like the deepness and the light in the cave.
awsome work.

good luck!

Old 01 January 2007   #28
Concept Art: new concept sketch

this is my new concept sketch, I think it's better than what I had before. More simple one. I'm also trying to get there some color because the 5th chamber was supposed to be place of minerals that shone in rainbow colors and black..

Old 01 January 2007   #29
Initial color pass or textured and lit model: continuing the previous one

Here I added details, I'm not sure about how the characters should be placed and whether they should carry torches, so I'm not focusing on them yet. I tried to really get the rainbow colors here without making this look like jungle. I think it does a bit, more polished black obsidian look to the walls, perhaps? Oh, and not even thinking about EON related symbols :S

Old 01 January 2007   #30
The colors in your last post are amazing! and the texture really brings the shapes to life.
Very moody image. I don´t think you have to bother that much of the placement of the figures since the rockformations alone defines the composition.

Thread Closed share thread