Eon (Illustration) Entry: Raine Kuusi

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2006   #1
Eon (Illustration) Entry: Raine Kuusi

Raine Kuusi is entered in the "Eon Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: The Fifth Chamber

Old 12 December 2006   #2
Concept Art: Fifth Chamber concept

hello, may I join?

Trying to do something else than my usual style. This was supposed to be dark and moody.. place for a scifi Dracula castle!

Last edited by R-K : 12 December 2006 at 03:49 PM.

Old 12 December 2006   #3
Concept Art: a small update

just a small update.. some details. I'm thinking of adding some colors too. The minerals described in the brief.. I should put them in before it's too late!

Old 12 December 2006   #4
Hi raine welcome to the challenge ^^

, fantastic concept! it would be be great to explore this environment for real..deep and moody ^^

best of luck

Marley

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

B-MOVIE

NVart Competition

KING
PHARAOH
GOLIATH

Old 12 December 2006   #5
Ah yes. The minerals of chamber 5. That's the challenge I'm tackeling as well. Your piece looks very moody and interesting. I like how you approached this piece with a vertical pan as well. My only concern is that you may not get the impression that this is out of eon, and that may be ok, but that may also be something you should consider as you continue with your sketches. Good luck I'll be watching this one.

Old 12 December 2006   #6
hey guys, thanks for comments!

LightSovereign - yea hope it looks interesting enough! Thanks for nice words!

RaresHalmagean - thanks.. I haven't had the chance to read the book so I just had to read the scene descriptions from inspiration page.. so I don't know the story :/ I just did my take of the description of the fifth chamber and don't really know whether this should be out of eon or not anyway thanks for comment, I'll try to get to the story soon

Old 12 December 2006   #7
Excelent start Raine! Nice to see you here, good luck man!

Old 12 December 2006   #8
Hi Raine,

I agree with Rares opinion, It's already a great sketch but if you will try to put some more EON-elements in it , you'll surely come-up with even more compelling composition!..
Goodluck!

-raffy

my EON entry

Old 12 December 2006   #9
wow, now I feel like I really should do some research.. I don't know anything abotu EON so I don't know what elements you guys mean. I've seen huge beams of light and these tubes constantly appearing in the works of other people but man.. I dunno, they seemed to basic scifi stuff to me..

Old 12 December 2006   #10
hey man! All the best, great start!

Poeple pointed out the sparse connection with EON in your piece, but I am struggling with the same problem... :/

Old 12 December 2006   #11
Welcome back to the contest Raine! Looks impressive! I haven't read to much of the book so I cannot say anything about what the fifth chamber is about. Good luck anyways!

Old 12 December 2006   #12
Concept Art: a new concept

a new start, hoping to stick more to the description of the fifth chamber. I tried to stay to close to grayscale here.

Old 12 December 2006   #13
I think the mood of this image is absolutely awesome. I especially like the foreground shapes in the lower right. Better hurry though, the deadline will be here soon.

Old 01 January 2007   #14
thanks. I think I'll forget this one and go ahead to do 'The Death'. There's gonna be a lot more stuff to play with.

Old 01 January 2007   #15
Initial color pass or textured and lit model: Exploring the 5th chamber... still...

This was a real pain to do and it doesn't even show. But I didn't change the subject!!

Thread Closed share thread