Eon (Illustration) Entry: Mark Goldsworthy

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2006
sharp

Wow, looks like I need to lay off the sharping a bit. Seems like the uploaded images get sharpened?

11 November 2006
Cool

jup and the shitty jpg compression does the rest to swallow details. i ran into this a few times as well. either way, dont worry bout it this time, your piece looks awesome. love the colorplay of your mood you brought in, good values,very nice atmospherical work, great work on light and mood, as welll as the shaders. great work, looking forward to your next up0date. Keep on rocking!

11 November 2006
OMG! Mark this so amazing! the mood is just fantastic mate!

awesome colour treatment!

wanna c more buddy!

cheers! n good luck to u!

11 November 2006
Looking good, Mark. nice colors, and interesting choice of using trees as a frame to the piece. Something I really liked from your first post which unfortunately hasn't survived are those large, vertical, curving structured, which offered a nice counterpoint to the horizontal parts of the city and also echoed the curve of the Stone's interior. It was also something we don't see every day, where I feel like this new piece is a little more bland by comparison. Just my opinion, but either way, good luck with it!

-mike

11 November 2006
That is great. It looks like a final piece already. It will be perfect when you make the city more shiny, because that is exactly what one who sees will be marveled at.

Good luck!

11 November 2006
Originally Posted by MarkyG: Mark Goldsworthy is entered in the "Eon Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Initial color pass or textured and lit model: Thistledown

Superb.....this is how the interior of a hollowed asteroid should look like.....

11 November 2006
I really love the subtle blues and oranges in your latest Thistledown concept, but I would show a bit more of the plasma tube going towards the top left of the image, just to remove the single point of light as it looks like your looking at the sun at the moment.
I do really love the lighting in your chamber, because it reminds me of a sunny winters day which is the sort of feeling I would imagine you would get from the plasma tubes.
Good luck.

11 November 2006
hey, I love this! keep it up man

11 November 2006
Hey Great atmosphere in this one! looking forward to the next update

11 November 2006
Looks beautiful. I love the way you using the colors to create this striking atmosphere. And the details like building on lower ground is awesome...

11 November 2006
great update man! keep em comming.

11 November 2006
markyg

excellent work so far !
really impressive concepts and great sense of scale !

keep up the good work mate

http://www.bearfootfilms.com

VFX Workshop Tutorials

http://vfxworkshops.com/neil-maccormack/

11 November 2006
Thistledown looks gorgeous hehe. truly beautifull serene ambience, i was plodding on the side lines with this comp but i feel inspired to join on the fun!.

I like it as it is, but it would be interesting to see how can cram in more detail without drowning it!.

good luck ^^

Marley

11 November 2006
Initial color pass or textured and lit model: some curves

I started to add back in some curved verticals tonight. Just a quickie update. Good luck everyone!

Thread Closed share thread