Eon (Illustration) Entry: Bjorn Norberg

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2007   #61
Wow! Someone was quite busy last night painting the landscape. Looks fantastic! Can't think of anything to crit there.

As for the glass on the cockpit (again! ) I think it looks better darker like you have it, but the hilights feel too diffuse and soft, which make it not look like glass. When I was working on the glass in my piece, it was SNoWs who commented to use sharper edges on the hilights because

Quote: ...having a blurred reflection like it is now, suggests a porous surface

So I pass his sage advice on to you, because he was right on my entry and it makes sense for yours too.
Good luck!

-mike

Old 01 January 2007   #62
Talking

That is so well executed, beautiful work on the ships texture and even more stunning for the landscape..totally amazing job!.

Marley

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

B-MOVIE

NVart Competition

KING
PHARAOH
GOLIATH

Old 01 January 2007   #63
Nice work. Good job on the brush strokes. The landscape looks interesting as well with all the detail you added. I say keep the cabin windows the same color and value like the third to the last concept as it is more striking that way.

Old 01 January 2007   #64
hey buddy! amazing details on the craft & landscape! a few more tweaks ... n weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!ur Airborne mate!

looking forward to ur final piece!

thanx a lot ma friend for dropping by my thread!

good luck to u buddy!

cheers!

Old 01 January 2007   #65
That looks very good.Great work dude.

Old 01 January 2007   #66
Final composite and colour timing: tuberiding

Added more detail to the craft and some roads on the ground. Just a few more details and I chould be done.
I want to add some noseart like ww2 bombers but it might not fit this craft with a retro pinupart? Have to consider that. Maby I have a try with the stone-logo described in the book instead.

Thanks a lot for all kind comments!
and Walrus, thanks for the help with cockpit (again). I think it works better this way.

Old 01 January 2007   #67
I think so too. This is the best one yet!
I like the other changes as well, the decals (I don't think it needs nose art) and the changes in the propellors, adn the roads and everything.

The only thing I can think to add is a little more hilight on teh top of the hull and the left wing to make them pop from the background a bit more... not a full rim light (because I'm not sure what would be shining that light) but maybe just cheating it brighter a bit. But that's a real small nitpick, I'm only scrabbling for things 'cause you have a week left. For the most part, it looks pretty darned done!

-mike

Last edited by walrus : 01 January 2007 at 02:30 PM.

Old 01 January 2007   #68
Awesome painting! One little thing, I'd like to see the Flaw look a little more glowy; it is the main lightsource of the chambers after all.

Old 01 January 2007   #69
Congrats, Bjorn, you've just leap-frogged over most of my favourite Eon entries into the Top 3 - this is just STUNNING. You have captured the size and depth of the cylindrical environments perfectly. Top notch stuff!

Old 01 January 2007   #70
Really really nice. It has a fantastic sense of separation and space. The lighting is tremendous. The cylinder feels huge! Love it.

Old 01 January 2007   #71
Walrus: You have an eye for details! I´ve added a few highlights on top of the hull/left wing. Thanks!

ChuckWadey: Thanks for dropping by! I thought the singularity was like quicksilver and the light came from the tube surrounding it(not shown in my pic). But I could be wrong as I only read parts of the book.

PMD, MarkyG: Wow, big words! I really appreciate it comin from guys like you.

I have 2 screens showing different colors here and I need to sort that out before I can upload the final.

Old 01 January 2007   #72
Hmmmm, I don't remember much about a tube surrounding the singularity; but you could be right. I just nitpick because I think glowy would b3 rad.

Old 01 January 2007   #73
Final Image: tuberiding

After a few changes of subject I returned to my initial sketch of the tuberiding.

This is the scene when Lanier, Carrolson and the others tuberiding through the corridor looking for Patricia.

Old 01 January 2007   #74
Hey Bjorn,

Wonderful job you have done here!
Very beautiful illustration, and true to the story and spirit of EON!

Congratulations!

Steampunk (Video)
Musi panels: A, B, C

Old 01 January 2007   #75
Another great piece meets my eyes.

Wonderful work, Norberg. I especially like the light reflections on the metal. Excellent skills.

Thread Closed share thread