Eon (Illustration) Entry: Alexandra Ciolac

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2007
Hi Musi, sorry I havent been able to check on you, but RL had me busy bus....

I'm very much like the character interaction in your piece, this image depicts Patricia geting soothed in a way. This is probably the only entry that has a emotional twist to it, very cool. I also really like the texture on their uniforms, it's simple but it work out very well.

The one thing that does throw me off is that purple beam that they are holding onto, because the Plasma beam was outside the ship and not on the inside. But thats my only crit.

Beautiful work Musi, best of luck.

01 January 2007
Hej Terro,
Thank you for finding time to help me!

I am happy to see that you like some of it .

That purple beam actually suppose to be the traction line inside the ship, described like this:
"...tenuous purple traction line...", and later when they are inside the ship "...Patricia floated with arms and legs spread, one hand grasping the same traction line as Lanier." But obviously, it needs more work and adjustment if it jumps into the eye. Thanks for pointing it out!

Sasha

01 January 2007
Final composite and colour timing: Garry final (I hope), closeup

Here is final - I hope - Garry composit.
Any suggestions, corrections, anything looks wrong or out of place? There is still some time :)

Steampunk (Video)
Musi panels: A, B, C

01 January 2007
Final composite and colour timing: Composit update

Almost there!!!
Three big things are missing: detailing on Patricia's hair, update on hands textures and rework of the purple traction line.
I concerned a bit about Patricia's tears - too much? And not sure if should keep those lines of ships going towards the planet...
Will greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Steampunk (Video)

01 January 2007
Hey Sasha,

I've nothing to add to your to-do-list...if you can fix the things you've already mentioned yourself everything should be fine ! Patricia's tears are coming along good now, not too much in my opinion and I also like the lines of the ships ! Let's see your adjustments soon!

-sabrina

01 January 2007
Much much better than the last time i looked at your thread... Great work... just keep on it.. the clock is ticking for all of us...

My online portfolio

01 January 2007
Hi Musi!
i wish you all the luck,love, health and inspiration for 2007!!!
Really coming along very nice your pic,lovely close emotions in it!
And I really like your texturing!
MAybe just I say that Garry should maybe be more watching Patricia and that the distance between Garry's shoulders seems a bit not enough to me.Which gives a tiny little feeling that Garry's head seems a tiny little bit too big.Just my feelings ofcourse.
Anyway, it's really great and we feel like we wanna be there with them to watch the spectacle!
good luck on the last run mate

01 January 2007
Hey Sabrina and George,

I am trying to do my best , and I am in hurry, as everybody...
And today is a Patricia hair day (after work). And my computer (my friend's actually) is rendering back home...

Best of luck to you too, guys!
Sasha

01 January 2007
Hey OKMER,

Thanks, a good productive new year to you too !
Appreciate a lot your comments and opinion. I guess there is some distortion in Garry and in the way he is percepted, and it's happening because of the camera's focal length... But at this point it will be too much work to try fixing it, and not necessary enough benefit from it... Unfortunately, there is no time for experimentation now, and I will have to live with it .

Good luck to you too!
Sasha

01 January 2007
Hej Sasha.

It´s really looking good. Love the detalins in the closeup fx. the tears in his eyes, the lips, the lines in his forhead etc.

Best of luck with the rest.

Marie Louise

01 January 2007
Thanks Marie Louise, your support means much to me!

I got some comments from my other class mates via e-mail, gona work on them. But now - Patricia's hair time.
Thanks guys!

Sasha

01 January 2007
Final composite and colour timing: Patricia closeup

Patricia closeup with new hair.

Steampunk (Video)

01 January 2007
everything looks beautiful i think the number of tears its ok I think the light beams and lens flares are giving the painting some unnecesary noise and distraction and one of them (in brown) seems non-compatible (ha ha what a bad english) with the general tone of the painting, maybe that is what its annoying you

best luck partner!!

01 January 2007
Hey Alex,

You are the second person who have mistaken the rows of ships with lens flare (another is one of my friends) - an indication for me that it should be changed. Thanks for conferming the tears - so they are to be like they are for now.

And after a sleepless night I found out that the deadline is moved! I kan get some sleep today after work ....

Sasha

01 January 2007
A story for my friends

O.k., here is a little background story of the image for some of my friends, that prefer communicate their ideas via e-mail, but still checking on my progress inhere, and for them who haven't read the book.

Patricia and Garry are scientists that found themselves in the human society of the future. They are in the middle of vehicle, disc shaped, about 20-30 m in diameter and about half of it high (there where no precise numbers in the book, I guessed the size from various descriptions and comparisons). It has no mechanical parts, has completely transparent lower half - in fact it's kind of energy field, and has no interior detailing except purple traction lines going from top to bottom. There are no gravity in it.
They are about to pass through the Gate to the alien world for the first time. The gate is a perfectly round opening 5km in diameter, and when they are at certain distance from it they can see the planet with eclipsing sun through the blue field covering the Gate, with continents and oceans and mountains. The Frant world looks like it's viewed through the magnifying glass. There are rows of other ships and vehicles surrounded by leading energy fields that passing through the gate, mostly disk, egg or sphere shaped.
Patricia is moved by the beauty she sees and the future that was created because of her scientific discoveries (complicated and long story behind it), she cries for the lost Earth (there have been a nuclear war and Earth was almost destroyed) and all the lost lives... Olmy (a person from that future) explains that in their society is not common to express their feelings like this, and gives to Garry an "ancient handkerchief". Here is the moment when Garry is trying to catch Patricia's tears from the air.
There are much more blended emotions in there - I am not attempting to retell the book, it's impossible !

So, my friends, if you have any ideas about how to improve my image to show this moment better I will be very happy to try them out. And very thankful too!

Sasha

Thread Closed share thread