Eon (Illustration) Entry: Alexandra Ciolac

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2007
Hey Sasha,

oh, I see I've missed some great updates here during the holidays, you've made some really impressive progress with your scene ! My suggestions would mainly be the same you've already heard from Tiziano and Mladen, so I'm just here for some cheering and encouragement...Keep up the good work and I'm curious to discover your next updates !

Cheers,

-sabrina

01 January 2007
Hi
Happy New Year...
Wow somebody been busy during the hollydaies. It`s looking good Sasha.

There is something with the light on the back of his right leg or maybee is the modeling! There is a funny curve of light. At the back of the knee on the same leg it looks lige at tight ribben is going on round?

But very nice worke looking forward to seeing more.

Marie Lousie

01 January 2007
Hey good people! Thanks for support, it's amazing how much just an encouraging word can mean sometimes!

Ivy, there is so many levels in that part of the book, so much feelings and blended emotions, that I am surprised not many decided to illustrate it. It's my favorite too.

Sabrina, thanks! I hope you had nice holiday vacations and got some well deserved rest .

George, I will most definitely work with Garry's face more and use your advice - ones Marie Louise noticed too that he looks angry. Unfortunately, I have finalized Patricia's pose (it's a frozen geometry already), and time is running out, but if I will get some extra hours I will try it.

Marie Louise, nice to see you here again! Your last suggestion was most useful. I am working some more on suit, and will do corrections on Garry's legs. Thanks for pointing it out.

Good luck to you all!
Sasha

01 January 2007
nice work so far...i agree that the tears are very hard to see...and the eyebrows need a change cause he is very mad that he has to listen to all the crying... good luck with your final...

-Eon Link-
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?postid=4109615

01 January 2007
Initial color pass or textured and lit model: Garry, 95% ready

Here is Garry, reworked according to crits I got. He is almost ready (there some minor corrections in compositing to come), unless somebody will have a really good suggestion.

Steampunk (Video)
Musi panels: A, B, C

01 January 2007
Initial color pass or textured and lit model: Background test

Another background test. I am struggling to show that Patricia and Garry are in the VIP ship. Bacause the ship is so big that we can't see the edges of it, and it has no mechanical interiors, and it's lower part is transparent, it's difficult to separate it's surface from the rest of the background. And it looks for me now that the frant world is not clear enough. If it's sharper than it is now - there is no sence of distance and it looks flat...
Any suggestions? Will appreciate it!

Steampunk (Video)

01 January 2007
Initial color pass or textured and lit model: Composition and background test

Here is my last night... I looked at my previous update and realy didn't like it. I couldn't sleep on this dislike, so I started experimenting with elements I have to get a more readible composition.
Which works better, previous one or this one?

Steampunk (Video)

01 January 2007
the last one you have posted is tremendous!!!..The little tid bits of work you have done has made a big difference imho. i quite like the image flipped aswell. im not seeing too much needed for improvement, well nothing is glaring out at me..

Congratz, its simple clean and beautiful!!

excellent work!

Marley

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

B-MOVIE

NVart Competition

KING
PHARAOH
GOLIATH

01 January 2007
i agree!! ^^

especially good shader work in here
keep it up and don't forget abouteyelashes !!

-cheers

01 January 2007
LOVE the last one! Go with it, really, really good work!

01 January 2007
Thanks guys! And the last one I am going with.

It still a long way to go and lot's of detail to add (brows, eyelashes, Patricia's tear to come, here hair to remake, better renders to do), but I can see the end !

Thanks again for support!
Sasha

01 January 2007
hey dude! very cool indeed! everything has been modeled so well! even the handkerchief! gotta love that one! u took care of everything! the way he holds it .. how patricia looks on with her hand touching her face ... how both of em are holding hands! .. amazing!

wishing u the very best of luck dude!

01 January 2007
Thanks Neville!

I glad you like it, because I killed my computer on this, and when challange is over I have to get a new one .

Good luck to you too!
Sasha

01 January 2007
I like the second one you posted, it makes me feel like they are looking out of a ship more than the previous one

01 January 2007
Thanks Ivy.
I have lots of problems actually showing that they are in the ship. The ship itself has no interior features, it's a disk about 30m in diameter, and the bottom part of it transparent. And characters are in the middle of it, so I can't show the edge of it...

Sasha

Thread Closed share thread