Eon (Illustration) Entry: Michael Dashow

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2006   #31
Hello Mike,

Finally you decide yourself to enter in Eon and it's great.
I like the sketch you did. I still didn't receive the french version of the book (I will kill my library, lol ). It's not important, I work better when I work lately.

Your study look good.
I didn't still know the characters, so I can't help you to say if they are accurate to the story.
That's why I try to not see and participe for the moment to not influencate my original vision when I will read book ;-).

Make a good one ! I will come back at the end of the constest for a speedy Wip ;-)

David

Old 10 October 2006   #32
Hi Michael!

Im glad you picked thumbnail 10... I personally liked 10 and 1 the best. For me its 12 right now, I like how the girls silhouette in the corner sits. Plus it helps direct your eye to the rest of the image... great flow. Looking forward to the next update! - J

Old 10 October 2006   #33
Nice to see you around walrus old chap

Looks like a cartoon eon is going to appear soon? What about doing a trailer entry too? It can be 2D animation too Just an idea.

Old 10 October 2006   #34
Thumbs up

hello,

Nice sketches, I personnaly like the number 12. because you have more the feeling ot the Corridor. I think it mainly because you allmost see all of Axis city. In number 11 you have less the "cylindrical" feeling.

anyway will keep watching!

Old 10 October 2006   #35
12 over 11. Hope to see something new from ya!

Old 10 October 2006   #36
Wow, lots of comments! Thanks for dropping by, everyone, and for posting.

Interesting to see so much support for #12. There are things I like about it - like being able to see the design for the front of the city - but actually, i found Trikke's comment most interesting: "you allmost see all of Axis city." That's the main reason that I don't like #12: Axis City is huge, 40 km long at least, and the thing I like about #11 is that it's so large, it's looming above the whole picture, too large to take in the whole thing at one time. That makes it feel larger to me.

Falcor - No, I don't know how cartoony I'm going this time. I mean, I'm goign to try to play it relatively straight, not for laughts, but knowing me it'll still end up being a little cartoony. We'll see. I talked to a team about doing a trailer, but in the end, I've got a lot on my plate right now and don't want anyone to have to depend on me if I have to abort partway through. I've never half-finished a challenge yet, but I don't want to be letting others down in case I have to.

- mike

Old 10 October 2006   #37
Concept Art: Some Patricia sketches

Some doodles of Patricia. I still like the one from earlier, so I included it in the upper left. I like the ones on the left side more than the ones on the right. Not all of them are that great, but might as well share the good with the bad, it's still just sketching stage...

I'd still like to hear what folks think about the 2 layouts last posted too, please.

Catch you all later...

-mike

Old 10 October 2006   #38
Okay then!

An entering the ring is.....Looking forward to seeing your work.

Your concept sounds good but I thought the whole point of seperate chambers was that the atmosphere is so thick you can't see through to the next level. I might also be wrong but I do want to see this so.....disregard what i just said.

Old 10 October 2006   #39
Hey walrus. I really like your character sketches.

You're right about Patricia. The left version looks best.

Man, I can't wait to see how this comes out. Really cool!

Old 10 October 2006   #40
Buffichar - I'm guessing you haven't completed the whole book yet, but my image takes place about halfway in, right when we've moved far beyond the 7 chambers. That's when the book becomes far more interesting too, imho.

Jedi-juice - thanks!

-mike

Old 10 October 2006   #41
Hey, Walrus. I like what you're doing here. Quick but very nice sketches. I'm enjoying these pencil sketches, so don't rush into painting, please

Old 10 October 2006   #42
Thumbs up

Hey Walrus ! I like your Patricia she's so cute
Really nice work mate I like your style dude Waiting for your next post man
Cheers

Old 10 October 2006   #43
She kind of reminds me of Eris from Sinbad in style (which can only be a good thing)... very impressive sketches Michael... As a personal preference i like the two large sketches in the center of the image most (maybe i like the one on the right a little more)... They capture a very nice feeling and just look plain great...

My online portfolio

Old 10 October 2006   #44
Concept Art: More Patricia sketches

Ho hum, more Patricia sketches... though I like a larger percentage of them this time so that's something. I'm really trying to get her to look Latina, with the lips and the heavy eyebrows, but I think more of that will read even better with the proper skin-tones.

icedeyes - y'know, I never saw that Sinbad, so I'll have to take your word for it.

razz - no worries, I tend to sketch everything out pretty thoroughly before rushing into the painting step. I rely on decent sketches as the foundation for a good painting. I'll just keep doodling away at the characters 'til I get them right.

Anyhow, if folks feel like giving feedback on faces, I've given them letter to make it easier to talk about them. Not like it's a vote or anything, it just makes the conversations easier to follow! :)

-mike

Old 10 October 2006   #45
way vane design

I can wait to see more of the designs you have for the way. Your Frant sketches are really good I also cant wait to see how you handle the light. Keep up the good work.

Thread Closed share thread