Eon (Illustration) Entry: alex rincon

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2007   #16
Final composite and colour timing: City with soldier added and close-up to his face

Well, i `ve added the russian soldier, i wanted to paint him white but it didn`t sound realistic to me (its a soldier so needs camouflage), im enjoying particularly painting his face (i love tech design) i don`t even know if it will be seen in the final image his glasses are to protect his eyes from the outter space radiations and are orange to help him in focus and contrast in his vision he have a mask because in case its cristal helmet (yeah the same the astronauts use) breaks the mask help him to breath and keep him pressured. The city seems too sharp to me so i will add atmospheric effects and maybe i will give it more matte colors.
galeria

Old 01 January 2007   #17
Final composite and colour timing: thistledown

this is other version with more neutral color on the city some clouds and a more detailed soldier. Question is which do you like more?
galeria

Old 01 January 2007   #18
hey Alex! very cool composition! i like the latest one better!

can u try out smthin ..? .. can u darken the structures and keep their lights gleaming!
n concentrate more on the guy watching the outside world .. that way .. the viewers attention wil go from right to left .. from the structures to the character ...

c wat looks good ... :P

really looking forward to ur entry!

good luck ma friend!

Old 01 January 2007   #19
Final Image: Discovering Thistledown city

This is the moment when a russian soldier discover for the first time the Thistledown city, which is described with buildings thicker at the top than the bottom. So when I read that I thought that it was to mean how skilled the inhabitants of the potato were so they can defie the gravity and physic to make buildings in such rare and imposible forms. When it said the form of the buildings I thought in this description as the way we usually describe things: comparing them with the objects more similar but not necessarily to be taken as exact description. So the buildings I designed have in certain parts the form of golf tees or in the global composition ressembles those but are not precissely like giant golf tees. I choose to depict them as they were made of obsidian or steel, even plastic to strengthen the sense of wonder in them. I wanted them to be so “futuristic” that they seem alienigenous but at the same time I wanted they have a few features that make think the viewer that they are human made. The architecture that provokes me to think of it as wonder, that is so exotic and beautiful that appears to be made by gods its the Islamic architecture. The arcs, some columns and watchtowers are inspired on this and added some antennas to ressemble modern skyscrapers. I putted special emphasis on the upper bore hole (and the perspective helped me too) i loved to put it there, with stars and outter space so to remember that this amazing city its trapped in a giant rock!!! and only a little atmosphere avoid human being from being sucked into that black and deadly inmensity that`s why i putted in the background the rock wall of the asteroid. I wanted the soldier to be tired from the battle that`s why his weapon its almost hanging from his hand. The thing that i wanted to show in this painting its the paradox of a amazing city in a lonely asteroid floating in the outer space and the last humans trapped here like cockroachs in a bottle lost in the sea.
galeria

Old 01 January 2007   #20
Congratulations on your final image, Bandro!

Like the strong diagonal it has and the contrasting colors you have given the soldier make clear immediately he is from somewhere else, he doesn't 'belong' to the environment, so to speak.

Congrats again, and good luck!

Old 01 January 2007   #21
yup i totally agree with my buddy Tiziano! very cool and contrasting colours!

is it possible for u to make one more change? can u darken the room hes standing in ... that way .. he and the city will capture the viewers attention right away .. right now he seems to chamouflage a little bit into the surrounding environment ... wat say buddy??

this still looks amazing! very nicely done!

wishing u da very best of luck mate!

god bless ya!

Old 01 January 2007   #22
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread