Eon (Illustration) Entry: Torsten Wolber

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
Thumbs up spot on

Great sketches, your colour pallette is good, the compositions are interesting and there is drama there too. But best of all you seem have managed to 'nail' the enviromental details which are described in the book, the scene in the 7th chamber seems spot on to me - the small scale of the people with the truck set against the epic cylindrical landscape captures the surrealness of the scene in the book. Great work lookforward to your next post!

10 October 2006
It would be a sin to miss ur thread. Great start already and there is still such a long path till the end. good luck and give us another masterpiece

DW V 2d

10 October 2006
Cool

great composition mate! love the widescreen optics it has, gives instantly a great feel for huge dimensions! keep on rocking!

10 October 2006
both of them looks awesome but if i have to choose one~i'd go for the 7th chamber.good job mate~love the color choice and the angles

10 October 2006
Now that's waht I'm talking about

You know when you're trying to explain something to someone but you can't find the words. Well I found the picture. The scene might not be working for you yet but it's a great starting point.

It is definately making me think about mine alot more. I'm still struggling on my concept and what focus i want to pin down but you are definately on the right track.

10 October 2006
Cool, the last one amaze me. The color palette, the camera position... great mood. I know, maybe its only your warm up but I love it.

10 October 2006
I love the latest concept. Simply fantastic.
Can't wait to see updates.

10 October 2006
Woooow, so many replies!!! Thanks a lot!! Really aprecciate it
On the other hand far too many to answer right now, got to work today,sorry!
(yeah, i know itīs sunday, donīt rub it in :rolleyes

At least i found some time to doodle along a bit....

10 October 2006
Concept Art: The Second Chamber Library

Yet another concept. Patricia learned about THE DEATH in the Library and still is shocked about it.

I still think that the first concept of the 7th chamber is the strongest by far until now, but ,hey, no need rush here, there is yet time, isnīt it?

Oh, finally got my copy yesterday. Yesss!

10 October 2006
Cool

wow, love the concept! its absolutely awesome! pure eyecandy, no lesser!

10 October 2006
Nice concept, but the attention is focused more on the library rather than on the feelings of the characters.
Good luck!

10 October 2006
this is ....

this is ....

this is ....

im dumbfounded! love the reflections and the whole 'situation' u captured there!
excellante mate!

cheers! n good luck!

10 October 2006
Agree a bit with ukitel,but whoooaaaa, what a nice and great sketch Vandeley!!!
Really love it!

10 October 2006
Way to sketch em! Excellent colors. I know you're probably still working on this last piece, but something to keep in mind is the pose of the characters here. Since our focus is on them, then perhaps you can vary the poses a little so that we have some contrast in action.

Good luck man!

10 October 2006
Originally Posted by ukitel: Nice concept, but the attention is focused more on the library rather than on the feelings of the characters.
Good luck!

Hmm I don't really agree, I think it does show Patricia's feeling and Lanier's comforting gesture really well as described in that particular part of the book which I think people who read it will recognize immediatly.

Not exactly the most exciting part of the story, but you executed it wonderfully.
The sketch is gorgous, especially the lighting coming from the window and the curtains that dance in the wind. Top stuff!

Thread Closed share thread