Eon (Illustration) Entry: Chuck Wadey

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2007   #61
Thumbs up awsome!!

Chuck,
Awsome work, I think your technique and concept are great, and have the power needed to be a favorite for the judges.

good luck and have a hapy 2007.

regards

ICHOMA

Old 01 January 2007   #62
congratulations buddy! love the intricate details mate!
all ur efforts have paid off big time!

wishing u da very best of luck!

cheers!

Old 01 January 2007   #63
Woahh, ..King of Details!!
I agree with walrus about the readability, but on the other hand maybe you were aiming at something that overwhelms by looking at it. Seems you did a good job on that, hehe.

Congrats on finishing this one. Good luck!

Old 01 January 2007   #64
Indeed a lot of things going on there in your pic.All the congrats on finishing such a great image man!!!

Old 01 January 2007   #65
Yeah, same thing happening with me as well. There is really no definite focus going here. I love the texture of this one and the choice of colors work well. Indeed, it still well put together piece. You have 20 days now to make some of those corrections, that is if you are willing to.

Old 01 January 2007   #66
This is one great piece of work dude.Excellent is all I can say.

Old 01 January 2007   #67
beelow: what? Challenge ends next monday. Challenge ends on the 15th day.

So you have this weekend time to finetune the readability.

Old 01 January 2007   #68
Nah dude they extended it!

Old 01 January 2007   #69
Oh

So it seems. Till the end of the month? Good news for those who are in a hurry, but might be bad news for those who have finished and hurried up their entry.

I wonder if that trailer category will be discarded totally. For too few entries getting finished?Maybe thats why they extend the challenge

Sorry didnt mean to hijack this thread. So 20 days it is. Just fine tune this pic it so the others wont match your quality.

Old 01 January 2007   #70
Good luck with your work and this challenge!!
TWITTER

Old 01 January 2007   #71
Guests of the Axis Nader

This is not the final image anymore. See below.

Last edited by ChuckWadey : 01 January 2007 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Duplicate text

Old 01 January 2007   #72
Thanks to your suggestions and the deadline extension I've decided to keep tweaking a little more. It looks like you can re-ftp your final tiff after you've already submitted one. It shouldn't look that much different but hopefully now with a little more atmospheric perspective it's a slightly easier read and the background sits more firmly behind.

Angel: A little haze added. I think it's better and I hope you'll agree, but it's a tight line to walk before going too far. I'm trying to err on the "don't change it too much" side. THX for suggestion.

Falcor_: I've seen it on 3 different monitors now, and it seems to be holding up. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

zweiDee: Thanks, thanks, thanks. I need to check in on your piece again, it was looking sweet last time I saw it.

Ivy00: Thanks. Yeah, I thought the word "EON" was going to be hidden, but it turned out a little more obvious than I was expecting. Whatever, it's cool.

icedeyes: I appreciate the luck and no comments. Thank you.

walrus: I know what you mean, I've fooled with it a little more, and I think it's a little better. I could have lived with it being done a few weeks ago but the extension added a lot of time. Hopefully it's done now.

Terro: Thanks. I hope it really is final this time.

LightSovereign: THX

Trybal: Thank you, thank you.

ICHOMA: Thanks, I hope you're right. Same to you on the 2007 - mine has been happy and busy thus far.

nwiz25: Cheers! I'm looking forward to a valentines card from you in every thread. But hopefully the EON challenge will have ended by February... now that we're done.

artvandeley: " I agree about the readability, but maybe you were aiming at something that overwhelms by looking at it" Yeah... that's what I'll say. Maybe I can get away with it. Thanks!

OKMER: Yes indeed. Thank you.

beelow: I was semi-willing. There's still time to change things again, but I'm hoping not to have to.

SONIC-X: Thanks!

GonzaloGolpe: Thank you.

Old 01 January 2007   #73
Ivy00: Thanks. Yeah, I thought the word "EON" was going to be hidden, but it turned out a little more obvious than I was expecting. Whatever, it's cool.

It is quite well hidden, it was just I love your picture so took a lot of time looking at it and all the intricate little details. Took me a while to see the EON actually, so no worries there

Old 01 January 2007   #74
Hey Chuck,

Very nice resulting image you got! It looks to me like it has a very good chance of winning a prise !

Love your style!
Sasha
EON

Old 01 January 2007   #75
Cool

Originally Posted by ChuckWadey:
nwiz25: Cheers! I'm looking forward to a valentines card from you in every thread. But hopefully the EON challenge will have ended by February... now that we're done.

hehehehehe .. u gave me a cool idea my friend! i think i will work on it ..
lets c

be on the look out .. love will be in the air hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

again . .congratulations buddy! ur work is amazing!

Thread Closed share thread