Eon (Illustration) Entry: Chuck Wadey

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2007
questions, comments

1) Any thoughts on the size of Suli Ram Kikura (the lady in back with the American flag on her shoulder)? My wife insists that she's too small. Maybe it's that her top half is too small compared to her bottom half.

2) I just did a quick update on my CGportfolio, adding a few promotional compilations and deleting the embarrasingly old art.

nwiz25: Actually this is only the bottom corner of my piece, you'll have to wait 'till the deadline to see my full composition... No, I'm just teasing. See how you'd feel? Thanks for all the emoticons and Christmas cheer.

walrus: Yes, it's a good trick. The values are a little better organized now, but it's still on the busy side. I'll keep massaging it a little.

Falcor_: WooHOo! That's quite the vote of confidence - and before I fixed the head even! I hope you agree it's better now.

ICHOMA: Thanks. Give it a try and ask me any questions.

ReinaldoRomero: I think interaction between the planes is much imporved with the new head position. Unless you think eye contact isn't enough. The frant is still going to get some more paint treatment. I'll see if I can do something about the leg problem you mention. Thanks for your eyes.

Pixelschumi: Thanks for the introduction to a few artists that I didn't know about. I've been told before that I have an "old school" style. I'm not sure where that comes from, or even if it's true considering that I paint exclusively on the computer.

LightSovereign: Yeah, Olmy's still a little cartoony, isn't he? I'll try to hit him again. Thx!

Hideyoshi: Thanks. There was a point when I didn't think I was going to make it for time - that's why I keep trying to push you a little.

Trybal: Thaaaank you.

NathanLB: Hmmm, actually it's not glass. Which brings up the opposite point: how do I make people know that it's not glass? You refer to the holographic projection (glare) that misled you and I think the problem is that the soft edge is only visible on the porthole side. I'll try to fix. Thanks.

01 January 2007
The lady in black looks fine to me.

01 January 2007
nice work!! really strong line art...and great character designs

-Eon Link-
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?postid=4109615

01 January 2007
excelent work!! i love the bright color and the so detailed tech good luck!!!

01 January 2007
hey Chuck, sorry i thought it was glass they were looking through, im retarded.
I think your right about the soft edged glow from the holographic. maybe try it without the symbol altogether and see what you think. Also maybe try going a couple shades lighter with the solid blacks in the background i.e. the section right above the main ship appears too dark. I think Mike (aka Walrus) already suggested that with the bnw value treatment, dont mean to be redundant, Good Luck!

01 January 2007
Guests of the Axis Nader

This is not the final image anymore. Updates below.

Last edited by ChuckWadey : 01 January 2007 at 11:25 PM. Reason: typo

01 January 2007
Cool

the piece itself rox like hell already. if its too busy, a bit of haze should bring it in order, just lower the far contrasts, that also brings the ranges more into order. very kewl piece, looking forward to your next update keep on rocking

01 January 2007
I do agree that the new head is way better and makes this piece work.
There is still few days left.. So id like to urge you to check your specular values.
Also double check that it works on every kind of monitor

Just to be sure of your victory.

Anyway great piece even if you dont work with it anymore. Good job on finishing it!

01 January 2007
nice piece!
i like the style, very cool charakter design, also the spaceship and the details.
fresh stuff chuck!!

01 January 2007
Excellent work, I love all the little details you have in it , I especially like the way you worked the word Eon into it

01 January 2007
Very nice work... no comments from me... good luck...

My online portfolio

01 January 2007
Glad you've got so much done with it so far. Great work!
Gotta agree with Angel that there's a lot of business that makes the overall image hard to read. One thing that I find helpful is just checking out how a particular image reads when it's reduced to the teensy thumbnail size in the Illustration forum thread list - some illustrations you can totally read even at the - what is it, 100x100? 80x80? - thumbnail size. Looking at your image that small, it's still really hard to tell what's going on. Not that the juudges are only going to look at that small thumbnail! I just mean it's a good way to tell whether your values and contrast level is reading overall: If it reads well small, it has more impact large.

Anyhow, a week to fool with it if you feel like it. If not, guess you're done.... congratulations!

-mike

01 January 2007
Big grats on your final image. I like this piece a lot because it shows a lot of character interaction as well as some brilliant environment and hangar design.

Best of luck with the judging process mate.

01 January 2007
stunnedneed not say too much else!!!

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

B-MOVIE

NVart Competition

KING
PHARAOH
GOLIATH

01 January 2007
Good job, and good luck.

Thread Closed share thread