Eon (Illustration) Entry: Chuck Wadey

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2006   #16
Nice idea like it alot. looking forward to the final image.

Old 12 December 2006   #17
This lineart you have so far is just gorgeus... keep up the fantastic work.

Old 12 December 2006   #18
Nice to see you here, great progres, I looking foward to see final

Old 12 December 2006   #19
Thanks guys. I took too long to read the book and get to this point, but now that I'm over the hump and have a drawing, I expect the rest to come relatively fast and easy.

Rawwad: Yeah, you ca.org guys... you, hideyoshi, beelow... This is the first work I've posted here. I miss c.o.w. and c.h.o.w.

Old 12 December 2006   #20
Personally i enjoy any kind of tech design so i love your technically detailed style but maybe you could push it a little bit more so it looks more futuristic; so advanced that, even being human seems alinigenous to ours (just suggesting)
good luck!! my friend

Old 12 December 2006   #21
Line Art / Model: Line Drawing update

I usually try not to go too far in grayscale because it muddies things when I introduce color. In this case there are so many details I wanted to keep tweaking that I stayed in b&w a little longer. I'll start some color washes tomorrow.

Old 12 December 2006   #22
Very nice sketch... can't wait for the colored version... The frant looks unique...

My online portfolio

Old 12 December 2006   #23
everything works well with this one! There is a good amount of 'story-telling layers' in your piece with lots to explore. Can't wait to see a stronger value break-up separating the different depth areas Me, I would punch up the atmospheric perspective quite a lot here -think it would look good...

Old 12 December 2006   #24
Nice line work! The character designs look pretty cool too. As far as composition goes, your earlier sketches are stronger. It maybe the values you used or the dynamic poses you chose but overall your use of spaced is better utilized in youre earlier sketches. Try placing one of your characters farther into the background a little and another closer to the viewer just to see how that might look.

Also the female character has a wary expression on her face and doesn't seem to go well with her pose i think. Looking foreward to see where you take this piece.

Old 12 December 2006   #25
Initial color pass or textured and lit model: 1st color pass

Here's my first color pass. Things'll continue to get a lot tighter and the linework will integrate and dissapear into the painting over the next few updates. I'm also eventually going to add some FX of picted graphics. Thanks for comments.

Old 12 December 2006   #26
No crits so far from me, this is just amazing, i love it!
somehow i feel a european comic style in there that i just love!
thumbs up!

Old 12 December 2006   #27
Nice work so far, and nice colors. i like that you're illustrating a scene that few others (if anyone) are doing. One thing I really liked in some of your earlier posts was the way the maintenance ship behind the VSTOL was dark and creepy looking and really stuck out by having a different value than the rest of the scene. That aspect of the piece is getting a bit lost in the more recent colorized versions.

Good luck with it!

-mike

Old 12 December 2006   #28
Hi Chuck,

These are nice lineart! and the the initial coloring looks interesting as well....Good Luck man!..

-raffy

my EON entry

Old 12 December 2006   #29
Thumbs up incdredible!

I like the colors and the ambience of technology.

Old 12 December 2006   #30
Final composite and colour timing: half way there

This is maybe half way through the painting. I've been mostly working on the foreground but there's a lot more to go.

Thread Closed share thread