Eon (Illustration) Entry: Blaz Porenta

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2006   #16
Hey, Blaz, good to see you back again! Looking forward to see what you come up with!

-mike

Old 10 October 2006   #17
Always a fan of your entries, Blaz - looking forward to seeing what you create for this Challenge.

Old 10 October 2006   #18
good luck dude!! Hope you get lots of creativity! see ya on the road!
Cheers

caught somewhere in time
-----------------------------------------------

Old 10 October 2006   #19
Good Luck Blaz

Always think your entries are fantastic, so good luck

Mr Freeman

Old 10 October 2006   #20
thnx for all nice words ppl! Nice to see lots of familiar faces in this challenge!

I quickly overviewed the describtion of EON and I think I alredy find a theme that I wanna paint it. I'll go for the Death scene, and will try to catch the very next moment after fire blazes the whole city away. I guess it would look like after an atomic bomb is being dropped and u can still see fire wind going away from u, while u r standing in the ground zero. Lots of destruction, smoke and ashes, red sky, ppl and buildings which have been there r still standing at the same spot not knowing what hit them... although they r all dead.

DW V 2d

Old 10 October 2006   #21
yo yo my ninjarific friend! best of luck to you and cant wait to see whats going down on your end.

Old 10 October 2006   #22
Smile

Hi Ninja, Nice to see you here again!!!Enjoy and Rock&Roll

Old 10 October 2006   #23
Concept Art: first step

OK, thats my first step describing the Death part. Its still not as close as I wanna make it, but its a first step :) A short describtion of a pic should be a few posts higher. Thnx for any thoughts!

DW V 2d

Old 10 October 2006   #24
Cool

blaz that work on the mood is just awesome! absolutely great work, top notch!
keep on rocking!

Old 10 October 2006   #25
This has a great emotional quality so far! Glad to see you here!

Old 10 October 2006   #26
looks cool, I like the mood and the pov... maybe put the camera even lower, same height as the characters? usually more dramatic.

Maybe you can try to vary the color palete a bit, some hints of blue or grey coming from the sky and lighting some parts?

keep it up!

Old 10 October 2006   #27
Nice comp you got there,good luck to you!

Old 10 October 2006   #28
thnx buddies!

TheFirstAngel: thnx! Im trying to catch the right mood at the moment.. not so much happy with the composition and other stuff, but Im glad that that thing is working for u.

NathanielWest: same as to Angel, thnx for comfirming that Im on the right track!

mv: great suggestions! on my next sketches there will be lower angle of the camera and there will be some more colors. Dont wanna create so monochromatic piece as its at the moment. Im also thinking of a landscape format.. to get the whole environment in it, not just some buildings. thnx!

adib: thmx to u as well! Will try some more versions of the composition anyway, to find which one suits best.

DW V 2d

Old 10 October 2006   #29
landscape format can be great that's sure, but I think you have a nice idea with this format too, but what it lacks to justify this format, is some subject in the upper half of the pic, I think. Maybe some elements suggesting a story, a crashing helicopter, I don't know. Something happening more than just fire.

Old 10 October 2006   #30
Really good viewpoint

Thread Closed share thread