Eon (Illustration) Entry: Adam L. Richards

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2007   #16
Initial color pass or textured and lit model: Alexandria

Ive done some big shifts in light from the rough. Started puting in the forground buildings, and now just trying to make it all work. I had a building in the forground where that big empty space is, but i hated it, so i destroyed it. :oP

Looking forward to adding tube light reflections in windows eventualy.

Old 01 January 2007   #17
yea, thats a unique ambience, as if a storm has whipped up. love the way the city blocks are hanging from the roof.that is really effective, the foreground is working a treat aswell!.

great!!

Marley

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

B-MOVIE

NVart Competition

KING
PHARAOH
GOLIATH

Old 01 January 2007   #18
Nice I love the subtle stormy look to the scene. It gives it the look of a place that was once great but now is ancient history while still looking liveable.

Old 01 January 2007   #19
Gotcha It's funny how the things we like to do and the things we have to do don't always get to overlap nicely. Keep up the good work.

Old 01 January 2007   #20
That's looking great man. Love the mood. I would consider removing the train tracks and signs on the bottom right corner, it just seems a bit too "Earthy" to me.

Old 01 January 2007   #21
Hy

Nice rendering, I like the mood, about the bridge I think it would have been better if you tried to make it bigger and more impressive architecture( the story tells "A suspension bridge with TALL, slender, curved towers crossed the water, set between MASSIVE CONCRETE ANCHORS")

:) Anyway it's just my idea, very nice till now, keep up the good work)

Old 01 January 2007   #22
Hi there Adam, your work is looking very cool. Perhaps the bridge is a bit weird talking about perspective, but I´m sure you´ll do a wonderful piece!

Old 01 January 2007   #23
Cool, nice fisheye effect in the foreground. I like the smoggy oppressiveness feel. Hanging buildings are great!

Old 01 January 2007   #24
  • Lightsoveign: Thanks! the mood is actualy a bit of a happy accident. I was thinking about the city, and knew the plasma tube is the only source of light. So this cool almost stale pallete just kind of came forward.
  • Aurora: Thanks! Yea the cold ghost town is deffinitely what i was going for.
  • Leving: seriously! this contest has been pulling at me in the back of my mind for months. I'm glad i finaly found some time to work on it.
  • Snows: I kind of liked the tracks because it made the place seem more believable as a city, rather than just a big cluster of sci fi buildings that dont realy seem they would function. There were trains in the book. But i may re-visit the forground anyway just to see what i can come up with.
  • Ginoshu: I didnt intend this bridge to be one of the mega bridges. The waterway is too small to require such a massive structure. This is just one of the many smaller bridges in town.
  • GonzaloGolpe: I think the perspective is ok, it was from a photo reference. Unless you mean the contrast of the size between it and the buildings seem off. I could see how scale may be a bit ambiguous.
  • MarkyG: Actualy they wont look like hanging buildings when im done. I originaly had a building in the forground that i got rid of, and there was nothing behind it. so a few of them are left looking like they are floating. I dont believe Alexandria had any buildings hanging from the ceiling did they? I thought it was more the "old school" city.
thanks for the comments everyone!

Old 01 January 2007   #25
Well I didn´t say the perspective was wrong. It´s about the arches. We can see 3 little arches on the left of the first big one. On the next big arch is almost impossible to distinguish those little 3 arches ( if there are 3 of them again there ). Maybe this fact confused me, talking about the perspective of the bridge ( what a tongue twister I made haha )

Anyway, don´t pay attention to me haha

Love the atmosphere of your compostion =)

Old 01 January 2007   #26
Originally Posted by CodeNothing:
  • MarkyG: Actualy they wont look like hanging buildings when im done. I originaly had a building in the forground that i got rid of, and there was nothing behind it. so a few of them are left looking like they are floating. I dont believe Alexandria had any buildings hanging from the ceiling did they? I thought it was more the "old school" city.
thanks for the comments everyone!

You're absolutley correct there. Still great image! I'm looking forward to the finished piece.

Old 01 January 2007   #27
Final composite and colour timing: Alexandria

Nothing final yet, Needs to break up the repedative shapes in the mega buildings, need to think about clouds a bit more, need to populate the farthest distance a bit....

but im liking it so far.

Old 01 January 2007   #28
Cool

holy heck, you have that incredible looming threat that i feel when next to sky scrapers, this has come along remarkably. feels very real!!

Marley

UPLIFT CHALLENGE

B-MOVIE

NVart Competition

KING
PHARAOH
GOLIATH

Old 01 January 2007   #29
beautiful sky

Old 01 January 2007   #30
Impressing!
This is the kind of atmosphere I wasn´t able to achive matte-style. Glad someone succeed.
Like the buildings you have composed.

Thread Closed share thread